Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at the dealership yesterday and I have to say Kawasaki’s done a really nice job on this bike. simple styling and that classic tail. The seating position is leaned forward more than on the Z1000 and the handlebars are rotated forward and bent at an odd angle. Maybe to simulate clip on handle bars. the standard z900rs has taller handle bars and thus more upright seating position. you can see it behind in the pic. the paint job is spot on to the originals. Bike actually comes with a center stand for maintenance which is cool. The only thing that really struck out to me as odd is the gas tank is super wide repeat wide. It still looks really good but wider than it seems it needs to be. But that’s just my first impression. You really need to see it in person to understand it. The seat is a couch and mega comfortable. 180/55/17 rear tire. I bet this is just a really fun bike to ride all the time next to Z1k of course :giggle: . has kawasaki frame sliders already installed on the engine. The bike felt really light too. The wheels are like spoke fins. interesting though they are. got to sit on a ZH2 before i left. that bike is built solid. trellis frame looks beautiful and feels tough. all the bikes are up stairs. hardly nobody there. Not even a sales person came up to me. Mostly farm ATVs on the entrance level but that was it. Columbus is a town of about 200,000 people.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think those bikes are aimed at folk who wanted a Z1 back in the 70s,but couldn't afford one!

I had one and hope never to have another! Some things are best left in the past. :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it depends on where you take the measurement. It’ll be lower if you take it at the wheel verse if you take it at the crank. Also I think you can fudge that number too depending on how much load you put on the engine. If you don’t put very much load on the engine you can get numbers closer to peek horse power but that’s probably an unrealistic way to look at the data.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts