Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and would like to hear what you think: I bought a Z1000SX from 2014 privately at the end of last year, great bike during test drive and ride home. Then in storage until March this year. However, after purchase it was established that the catalyst was removed by the previous owner. From March the beginning of the motorcycle season the problem that the engine during acceleration in 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear at 3,000 RPM overshoots a kind, short but annoying hiccups, sometimes several times in a row. In the meantime, I have been to an engine shop, the chain set has been replaced, has been serviced and checked, then also been on a test stand and adjusted again (was all too poor), and during the test and after the ECU update nothing wrong on the test stand. Until you hit the road with it. I get scared every time and confidence is gone, especially if you want to accelerate from a corner. Anyone have an idea? Has already cost me quite a few cents and I haven't made any progress yet :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts