Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a trouble to find used Z1000 2007 speedometer. And what i find out is Z1000sx speedometer looks very similar to z1000, the cable connector looks identical, whats a bit different is only a speedometer case.

What do you think, is it safe to swap it or it wouldnt work? :serious:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guys,
I have a trouble to find used Z1000 2007 speedometer. And what i find out is Z1000sx speedometer looks very similar to z1000, the cable connector looks identical, whats a bit different is only a speedometer case.

What do you think, is it safe to swap it or it wouldnt work? :serious:
Founded schemes, looks very promising. One thing i'm not sure about is
ECU communication pulse is the same as FI Indicator Light

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, did you get this to work? I had the same issue - not being able to find a used speedometer for a 2009 Z1000 and have managed to get one from a 2013 Z1000SX. As soon as I connect the unit to my bike it lights up (bike is turned off), so I'm thinking the pin connector scheme is different. I'm thinking whether to remove the pin that is the ECU communication pulse / FI Indicator Light on the different units, as that is the only one that looks different in the schemes, but wanted to know if you had managed to resolve this?

The other thing I noticed is the Z1000SX manual doesn't appear to be consistent, the pin numbering scheme at the top of the page doesn't seem to match the one used on the bottom part of the page in the "Checks" section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts