Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine has, several times after a fault showed. The first time at 600 miles, it reset itself after the self learning ECU eventually diagnosed I had changed the front and rear sprockets for higher gearing. It took a few hundred miles to sort itself out after repeating the fault codes on and off. The second time it reset itself after the radiator cooling fan burnt out, over heated the engine, contaminating the oxygen sensor, which I had to remove and clean.[I also had to buy another fan as a tarry stone chip jammed it] What was your fault?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine has, several times after a fault showed. The first time at 600 miles, it reset itself after the self learning ECU eventually diagnosed I had changed the front and rear sprockets for higher gearing. It took a few hundred miles to sort itself out after repeating the fault codes on and off. The second time it reset itself after the radiator cooling fan burnt out, over heated the engine, contaminating the oxygen sensor, which I had to remove and clean.[I also had to buy another fan as a tarry stone chip jammed it] What was your fault?
Code 24.

Entirely my own fault,I had the rear wheel out and assembled the rear caliper carrier spacer wrongly,then it triggered the abs and the management light. I went out for a short run after sorting it,but the management light is still on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oops.......... So long as it's back together correctly it should reset. On changing my gearing it showed Speed Sensor + ABS error codes, the gear position indicator stopped working and of course the engine management light illuminated. It was a right PITA, it took several journeys and quite a few miles for it to sort itself. It's been ok for 22000 miles since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts