Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i am new here, :)i hope someone can help me because i really don t know a better place than this one!
The problem is i can t find a pcv to fit my z1000r the bike is 2018 and the pcv for z1000 is available for model made to 2016!the bikes should be identical wright? Can i buy a pcv for a 2016 model and fit it on my bike? I will really appreciate any help!BTW i have full akra with dual exhaust and i would like to put in a sprint filter! I haven t done any ecu mods yet...

·
Registered
987 Posts
Don't bother with a pcv. Get the ecu flashed. Pcvs are a waste of time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
987 Posts
Get your exhaust setup how you want. Fit block off plates and do any airbox mods before you get it dyno'd. I recommend arrow headers as they have the largest bore (that I know of). If you get a single exit arrow pretty well any litre bike tailpipe will fit giving you an amazingly wide choice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
+1 for just flashing or dynoing it. You’ll end up doing it anyways and buying the pcv just means paying twice. Plus, all those plastic connector clips...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok i get it! I will try to get it tuned! Thank you! I got a lot of vibrations from 6-7000 rpm otherwise i wouldn t bother with the reflash...i hope i haven t done anything bad to the engine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get your exhaust setup how you want. Fit block off plates and do any airbox mods before you get it dyno'd. I recommend arrow headers as they have the largest bore (that I know of). If you get a single exit arrow pretty well any litre bike tailpipe will fit giving you an amazingly wide choice.

I already have the akra headers ...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah they run a little rough without the tune in them, you’ll feel some extra weirdness. It should smooth out with the tune a little bit although the bike loses a lot of its buzz and gains a bit of a lower frequency shake with the full system. One other thing is you’re risking burning up the valves without the tune and block offs and such. Enjoy the ride brother, we got lucky this weekend in chicago

1 - 8 of 8 Posts