Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I had one of these back then

I’ll keep my transformer look

yup! I rode a honda, but whatever 2 wheel brand u rode, it's all about the memories of riding one of those era bikes. At the time, it was what I could afford.(300 bucks) :grin: ..and had a lot of really good times along the way.
The new ones today look good and wouldn't mind a putt every now and again to remember the era of old -on the new chassis.
I'll just have to stick to dealership test rides to scratch that itch. :lol:!

ok, having said all that, the Z900RS looks pretty darn cool but seriously needs a horn relocate!

·
Registered
879 Posts
I would say more than welcome....after all its just a different type of zed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...perhaps the mod's will create some sub groups...

·
Registered
879 Posts
I agree, its very similar but decorated differently.
I notice Brocks performance have just put one on the dyno....expectedly the results were pretty average if not awful (not the fault of the bike i might add but the euro legislation) thats been applied to it. I think he's a good man to see how much can be gotten from it. Itd be nice to see one (on here) once all the **** stuff has been removed and its been tastefully modded...along with a fully capable system and modded ecu to match. I would say in hindsight (maybe ive been a bit judgemental on the stock pics and looks) so would like to see one thats been sorted.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I notice Brocks performance have just put one on the dyno....expectedly the results were pretty average if not awful (not the fault of the bike i might add but the euro legislation) thats been applied to it. I think he's a good man to see how much can be gotten from it. Itd be nice to see one (on here) once all the **** stuff has been removed and its been tastefully modded...along with a fully capable system and modded ecu to match. I would say in hindsight (maybe ive been a bit judgemental on the stock pics and looks) so would like to see one thats been sorted.

I agree, and that would stop me from buying the bike.

Yamahas xsr900 looks stupid, but it is 15hp more powerful and 40 lbs lighter. It would make it hard to choose the rs, even though the rs looks so much better.

Also, Kawasakis price structure is broken. Even though these bikes all have high list prices, the real sales prices are often crazy low.

My local shop has the 900rs priced at 11,199, as I recall. Sitting right next to it is a brand new 2016 z1000 priced at 7999.00. I would REALLY have to be in love with retro to spend that much more for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I was tired of the retro bull**** of the 80's. Don't need that kind of negativity in my life again.
And I am tired of the wannabe Transformers bull**** of present day and I don't need that kind of negativity in my life, now or ever.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't see how a naked bike has any sort of relation to a "transformer" look, but that's just me. Are you embarrassed to ride your Z1000 because of this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Nope, didn't when I owned it. The 1st gens weren't too bad, nothing like they are now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
The 4th gen z is just an evolution of the bike. For it to evolve to something that is reminiscent of a bygone era albeit with new technology just doesn’t make sense but, it’s just bikes. Bikes is all good like I say the the most fun bike is the one I’m riding. Hell I’d rather ride a moped than sit around looking at pictures of Ducati’s.

Once my buddy brought over a new Gibson guitar he just got. I said dude it has some of the finish worn off! He said yeah it’s a “relic” it’s new but supposed to look old. I said that’s the stupidest fkn thing I’ve ever heard. And then we Jammed out! And it was all good

·
Registered
398 Posts
There's still quite a few 2016 z1000 at dealerships,they replaced the 1000 with the z900,they look nice,but they ain't no 1000.
Eh, should be about as quick as the Z1000. There's a 16hp difference between the two, however the Z900 is 27lbs lighter. May get better gas mileage? I'd be all over it if the bike were still my primary mode of transport.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts