Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, can you help me, I changed everything in the water pump,( oil seal, water seal,) but when I fixed the pump, the oil still leaks on the ground.. after ride or ride time...
i think leak oil From this ring...

I need Hellp!!

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
few ideas on what could be the problem that might be worth re-checking.

1. make sure the seller provide the correct parts. double check the part numbers and verify against pictures/diagrams if possible.

2. inspect o-rings and other seals for integrity. look for cuts, defects, excess flash and/or nicks. replace any seals if you find evidence of that.

3. verify seals are installed in the correct orientation and such.

4. check the sealing surfaces for irregularities, dents, scratches, cuts, etc. inspect surfaces for any scale build up and/or residue. anything that is not bare metal. if you find any of that, you might be able to use some 600 grit sand paper and a sanding sponge and clean up those surfaces as best as possible.

5. then wipe off any left over sanding grit with a clean microfiber cloth. use some isopropyl alcohol on the cloth as you’re re cleaning any and all surfaces.

6. re-install the seals. might want to apply some clean engine oil on those seals specific to the engine side, but not on the coolant seals. those i might apply some plumbers silicon grease. up to you if you want to try that. usually o-ring type seals work better wet.

i’m not a professional mechanic for kawasaki, but from my own personal experience working on motorcycles that’s how i would address the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
few ideas on what could be the problem that might be worth re-checking.

1. make sure the seller provide the correct parts. double check the part numbers and verify against pictures/diagrams if possible.

2. inspect o-rings and other seals for integrity. look for cuts, defects, excess flash and/or nicks. replace any seals if you find evidence of that.

3. verify seals are installed in the correct orientation and such.

4. check the sealing surfaces for irregularities, dents, scratches, cuts, etc. inspect surfaces for any scale build up and/or residue. anything that is not bare metal. if you find any of that, you might be able to use some 600 grit sand paper and a sanding sponge and clean up those surfaces as best as possible.

5. then wipe off any left over sanding grit with a clean microfiber cloth. use some isopropyl alcohol on the cloth as you re clean any and all surfaces.

6. re-install the seals. might want to apply some clean engine oil on those seals specific to the engine side, but not on the coolant seals. those i might apply some plumbers silicon grease. up to you if you want to try that. usually o-ring type seals work better wet.

i’m not a professional mechanic for kawasaki, but from my own personal experience working on motorcycles that’s how i would address the problem.
Thanks friend, i will try..

·
Registered
439 Posts
also, make sure to torque any bolts to spec per the book as that could be an issue also. good luck brother! you will get it fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts