Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 kawasaki Z1000
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if maybe z1000sx fairings would fit a z1000 that same year range. Excuse the noob question.... honestly didn't see myself with a kawasaki now I don't know if I could go back.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yes, it could be done. In fact, if you search enough, someone on this forum was able to put a ninja 1000 fuel tank on his 2010-ish z 1000. It looked pretty good and it holds more fuel.

The problem is the cost. Your parts list would be massive. The positive side would be the extra fuel capacity. I would say wind protection, too, but seriously, that isnt much different on a Ninja.

If you wanted a full conversion, dont forget the back end, too. The ninjas subframe and plastic is different.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Frame, engine, swingarm, shock and seat are identical between the two, everything else is different and some components are located in different locations and thus the wiring harness would need to be extended/shortened along with different bracketry for things like coolant bottle, etc. it's a lot of work.

However, down the line when I find a crashed 2020 Ninja, I might buy the complete ECU, throttle bodies and wiring harness off of it and adapt it to my Z in order to gain drive by wire and thus up/down quickshifter, traction control and TFT dash. I think it can be done, especially if Kawi never comes out with a Z that has full electronics, then I may have more motivation to do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts