Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys , does anybody know if under a z1000's tail there are the bolt holes like in z1000sx for passenger's rack or for side bags (see the attached photos)? If there are, is it possible that the "black-plastic-under the tail" of a z1000sx will fit on a z1000? thank you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You would have to switch the entire assembly to make this work. You dont have hidden bolt holes on the z. The parts will switch over, but th e list is pretty long to make the conversion. Very expensive unless you use ebay.

Where are you at? If you are in Utah, I think we could work out a trade. I would rather have the z subframe on my Ninja.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would have to switch the entire assembly to make this work. You dont have hidden bolt holes on the z. The parts will switch over, but th e list is pretty long to make the conversion. Very expensive unless you use ebay.

Where are you at? If you are in Utah, I think we could work out a trade. I would rather have the z subframe on my Ninja.
i dont think we can make this work cause im in Greece :lol: i wanted to make a side bags rack.If its that complicated i will make one with an extra holder on passengers foot( check the attached photo with the red lines). Do you guys think this will be ok?

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
No, these are our motorcycles, and we all need/want different things from them. Insane, is trying to save a few dollars and never building the bike like you think it should be or building what you actually need.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can you please explain that cause I didn't get it.

The price of the SW-Motech saddlebags is not insane.

Insane is defined by letting price stop you from having your bike be the way you want it to be.
The price they asking for what they offer is insane !! But if you cant/ dont know how to build things it's an one way road. But I can so I chose not to pay that insane price 🙂 . And in matter of fact mine looks way more steady and strong , and keeps the bottom of the bag too , and they are a little higher so they dont allow the bags to put any weight to plastic parts and damage them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That bracket is as cool as can be. That's what I was talking about with my reference to "insane". I see this way too often.

People will have these really nice bikes, but something is not quite right, about the bike, for them. Maybe the suspension is really bad? Maybe they need saddlebags? Where Im at, a heated grip, or big windshield will extend my riding season two months.

Most people just talk themselves out of the item they need. Its too expensive...the bike isn't worth that much. Theres a hundred excuses NOT to buy this item they really need. You invested the time, effort and dollars and now your bike will be just what you want and need. You'll probably end up savign money, in the long run. People tend to keep things that work really well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That bracket is as cool as can be. That's what I was talking about with my reference to "insane". I see this way too often.

People will have these really nice bikes, but something is not quite right, about the bike, for them. Maybe the suspension is really bad? Maybe they need saddlebags? Where Im at, a heated grip, or big windshield will extend my riding season two months.

Most people just talk themselves out of the item they need. Its too expensive...the bike isn't worth that much. Theres a hundred excuses NOT to buy this item they really need. You invested the time, effort and dollars and now your bike will be just what you want and need. You'll probably end up savign money, in the long run. People tend to keep things that work really well.
I understand perfectly what you guys saying but for me personally I wont spend money on something I can build. As I said if you can't build something then yes , you are not "allowed" to say some price insane like I did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts