Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I threw a leg over a RSV today. When I first sat on it and felt the weight difference I thought Id never want to ride my bike again. WRONG! Power was a major disappointment. The Z will walk all over the RSV. Vibration was annoying. Didn't sound near as good.(IMO) Of course the riding stance shouldn't be considered since it is a race bike, but since I dont race and neither does it's owner, why have something uncomfortable if you dont use it? Im sure the RSV will smoke the Z in corners but I bet it would take a really good rider to make a real difference.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
yeah i would chose my z over an aprilia rsv any day. will gladly give up a little handling that im probably not good enough to use anyway over a comfortable riding position

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
yeah i would chose my z over an aprilia rsv any day. will gladly give up a little handling that im probably not good enough to use anyway over a comfortable riding position
THIS.

·
Registered
117 Posts
the above statments are so true, i do not race or even push it in the twisties to the limits of my old 2004 Z1000. i love my bike like it is the fastest bike in the world. it is a bike i can love riding. the sound , feel and looks do it all for me. i hope you love what you have as much as i love my bike.

I have to admit, I smile everytime I ride mine. Theres just something about the Z1000.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I worked at an Aprilia dealership for a few years and had the chance to put some miles on both the RSV and Tuono.

Once you learn the torque curve it can be a fairly quick ride.
The sound stock is ok but with Akro pipes or Arrow, the sound is awesome.
As far as riding comfort, theres no real comparison (6'4" rider)
The hip to heel geometry is tight on both, yet the reach to the bars is longer than the Z

My 2010 Z1000 is easier to ride distances, the engine is also easier to get used too and with the full Akro system, the sound is great.

Reliability and cost of ownership is no comparison, with the Z being affordable and more convenient to find dealership support.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I have to admit, I smile everytime I ride mine. Theres just something about the Z1000.
i agree with that. :eek:ccasion: i have had faster & better handling bikes but my z is by far my favorite.

·
Super Moderator
38 Posts
Had an 07 RSVR. Loved it. The sound with a set of slip ons is deep v-twin music. Very different pwr curve. There's just nothing to compare the two bikes. They are as different as two bikes get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts