Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have seen 159 mph on mine, by the speedometer anyways. im sure its off but not sure how much. mine gets up to 145mph pretty quick but it seems like it takes it forever to get topped out. doesnt sound very fast but it sure feels fast on a zed without any wind protection & in an upright seating position

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i have seen 159 mph on mine, by the speedometer anyways. im sure its off but not sure how much. mine gets up to 145mph pretty quick but it seems like it takes it forever to get topped out. doesnt sound very fast but it sure feels fast on a zed without any wind protection & in an upright seating position
Jeezus Man! I have seen 145 on my '03...... I read somewhere top speed on the '03-06 models was supposed to be 156. If you take into consideration 10% of your 159 would actually be 143.1, and my 145 would be 130.5 actually. I do not know if the 156 is an indicated speedo reading, or a radar reading. Now you have the same very little knowledge that I know.

BTW, doesn't the wind feel like its going to rip your head off when you move your head with a helmet on at that speed, LOL! I know it does to me!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it does

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
My 2011 Z1000 ends the rpm at 252km/h. In miles I don't know. One day i'll change metric test it
That ends up being 156.59 Miles/hour (mph)

·
Registered
575 Posts
My 2010 has seen 90, in traffic, on the Long Island Expressway.
That is about as fast as you can go around here before someone tries to kill you. :eek:
Great place to live, but not to open up on your bike.
Btw, I am thinking of a slightly larger windscreen (i.e. puig racing) to make the front end a bit more stable at speeds. I pick up a lot of turbulance in traffic, and am trying to smooth out my commute.
Will that help?

·
Registered
519 Posts
My 2010 has seen 90, in traffic, on the Long Island Expressway.
That is about as fast as you can go around here before someone tries to kill you. :eek:
Great place to live, but not to open up on your bike.
Btw, I am thinking of a slightly larger windscreen (i.e. puig racing) to make the front end a bit more stable at speeds. I pick up a lot of turbulance in traffic, and am trying to smooth out my commute.
Will that help?
Yes it will help and looks great. Got mine from motorcycle superstore for around 80 and free shipping.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe it is the larger shield on mine but I was able to tuck under the wind and found a smooth quiet spot to rest. I had dropped one tooth in the front and have not adjusted my spedo to this day. I smoothed out at 167 mph after what seemed like two miles on a warm flat straight. I figure it felt like 153 area. It saddened me just a bit to feel the wind fall out at such a low speed and take so long to achieve this but if you want your mule to run like a horse you better shoot some D bol in it once a week so little by little I make her lighter and try to find affordable power. I still love her though. When I ride with my friends people still walk circles around my z and piss off my buddies with 15,000 into cbr and gxsrs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts