Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I really need a tank protector because of the way the seat forces you into the tank on this bike. I almost always wear a zippered jacket and think that eventually the zipper is going to scratch the tank unless I put a pad on it. The problem is, I don't really love any of the tank pads I've seen - though I haven't seen many outside of Internet stores.

I want one that looks like it belongs on the bike, and don't really want a crazy mural design with skulls or whatever on it. Something plain like this maybe:

Can anyone post some ideas, preferably with pics installed on a Z1000?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi,

New to the forums, pretty new to this bike too (2010 black zed1k). Bought it used with 1600 miles on it. Hope to spend some time here, learn a thing or two (right now, #1 on my list is "how to competently adjust your suspension").

....and now to the purpose of this post:
The original owner put a clear tank pad on the bike, and I have to say...I like the look.
Keeps the bike looking clean. You can barely tell they're there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice! Good to see a high res pic installed...I guess no more considering for me, now just gotta wait for the shop to open up on Tues to order it haha.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I really like the candy lime green version. I asked for black and got this one... Sorta looks maroon in the 'black' areas. Going to order an oem pad and call it good.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I use a full carbon fibre pad from Geelong Carbon Craft. It's just one layer of decorative CF that wraps right around the back half of the tank. I was getting some scratching around the sides originally, so this covered them up and stopped it getting any worse.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not at the moment, but I'll take some more in the morning. Anything in particular you want to see about it?
How did you go about fitting it? The website says that it was "molded" and used real carbonfiber and "resin".

Does that mean it's one hard piece? Like a shell almost?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts