Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just smoke fz1 just now at straight highway. last week ate cb1000r alive.

who else could we smoke??...stock to stock

or maybe with engine mods(block n head) n full exhaust + management..could we smoke out r1 with that?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you sound like me 27 years ago on my new suzuki gs1100 e. baddest bike on the planet . o to be young. back then i went out of my way to find a race. have fun, be careful
im a bit old too for that...but sometimes i just cannot stand their shadows beside me...:lol:

ofcoz, with all the safety gears on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
DUDE!!! I swear to god i just raced an fz1 and a 2010 cbr1000rr yesterday and smoked both of them, the cbr is stock and the fz1 has a bunch of work done to it. and i went down on the rear sprocket 3 teeth and up one on the primary. i was like holy ****

·
Registered
555 Posts
Or maybe a little busa for breakfast!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't think you could mad a Z1000 enough to take a Haybus in a drag race.
Probably not but it rhymed with breakfast. What nobody heard of Nitrous Oxide? Humm, that got me thinking. Does anybody make a Nitrous kit for a Z? Arf, Arf, Arf!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Nitrous would make a tricycle go faster!... Its a cheap & easy way out for HP.

I meant all balls and throttle; no little blue bottle!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I put Nitrous on my '86 Buick Grand National when it had 600 miles on it. I picked up 4 psi boost and 100 hp at the squeeze of a button. The Nitrous isn't the killer of the motor it is the lack of fuel ie; pinging that will kill it in a heartbeat. It will increase the cylinder pressures for sure but if you know what you are doing all is good. I sold the car to a friend at 110,000 miles and he still has it and it's running great!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
If im not mistaken motorcyclist magazine and cycle world both posted 1/4 times quicker than a busa on thier test Z1000's.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i just smoke fz1 just now at straight highway. last week ate cb1000r alive.

who else could we smoke??...stock to stock

or maybe with engine mods(block n head) n full exhaust + management..could we smoke out r1 with that?
you sure youre not smokin somethin else...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I put Nitrous on my '86 Buick Grand National when it had 600 miles on it. I picked up 4 psi boost and 100 hp at the squeeze of a button. The Nitrous isn't the killer of the motor it is the lack of fuel ie; pinging that will kill it in a heartbeat. It will increase the cylinder pressures for sure but if you know what you are doing all is good. I sold the car to a friend at 110,000 miles and he still has it and it's running great!
Thats good to hear, but is not always the case. All vehicles are not built equally, and some cannot handle the instant power gratification you desire. Sounds like you had a good one though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very true! Put a 100 shot on a geo metro and im sure we'll see what your talking about.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Mike (Owner of NOS) and I bought our GN's from the same dealer and they delivered them the same day. We got to talking about the car and he said they were already working on a NOS kit. Since the car was turbo charged it was already set up with everything it needed to add the extra fuel, it was computer controlled, anti-knock sensor equipped, etc. It was a match made in heaven he said. I waited 2 weeks and looked him up, took a ride in his car and bought my kit. It installed in 30 minutes and uninstalled in less then 20 so I could take it to the dealer and keep my warranty. I only used it at the drags and probably only ran 10 bottles through it the whole time I owned it. Lots of fun...

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
What about...

How good of a race would it be against new Speed or Streetfighter? Prob depends on the race as each have there strong areas. Trying to decide on one of these: z1000, speed or streetfighter. Also the Aprilia Tuono comming this fall looks interesting performance wise but not sure about its looks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts