Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to pick a few peoples brains as there had to be a few people in my position. I am throwing up between the two bikes and as they are both fall into the same market and there has to be a few people who can help me decide.

The Speed triple is out as the new bike is too expensive in the used market here for the 2011, also the seating position is a tad high for me....

So that leads me to the CB and the Z, both nice bikes. Best way I can describe it is the head tells me honda and the heart tells me Z. For those of you who have ridden the Z and CB why did they go the Z??????? Obviously the Z has more hp..... but.......

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
dont know alot about it. but knowing hondas im sure its a great bike. was way down on hp. was very disappointed about that. its a good looking bike though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't know about your area but the cb-1000's are hard to find around here, I've been a Kawi man for 25 years and plan to stay that way,I'd take the Z over the CB anyday!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
here in socal I saw a black 2010 z1000 for $8900 new. Parked next to it a 2011 cb1000 for $12,000. I know which one I would get. Or don,t overlook the Ninja 1000 mine was just under $10,000. I have ridden the Triumphs and they are nice but I would still pick the big Kawi, better overall value. Good luck.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The Honda will be a nice bike in the same vein as owning a high quality refirgerator or microwave. It's a Honda. It's an appliance.

The Triumph is well... British. You'll be paying more $$ for soul and getting less performance and reliability.

IMO soul is overrated and I already own a house full of appliances. Get the Z or look for a year end deal on a Ninja. Either will be as reliable as you'll ever want and and have more performance than the other choices.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also was considering the Cb1000 when i was looking to trade in my 08 cbr600rr. The choice was clear after going to the dealer who dealt with both bikes and i was able to test drive. The Z had better power all across the board. Low to High, anytime i rolled the throttle back it went. Handling was oh so much better, there was no throwing the bike around to move it. It handled like a small bike would. The CB on the other hand was a bit rough in handling. Felt much more like i was riding my 2002 r6 which i cant say was bad but nothing like the Z in tight curves. Overall the Z was a much better ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saw the Honda for the first time at the dealership a week ago...Nice bike, actually a really good looking bike in person, the gauges, fit and finish, quality ect ect is superb...Sit on it, feels solid but doesn't feel near as light as the Z1000...Kawasaki has mass centralization down as the Z1000 feels way lighter than the scale suggests..Same goes for their concours and zx 14..Way lighter feeling than they look..

Honda could have had a strong showing with their CB, but they took WAY too much power out of it and as usual Honda played it safe...Would love to like the Honda, it's got so much going for it and then they go and tune 50hp out of it...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rode the cb yesterday and wasn't that impressed with it..... Front end felt too light and the throttle response was a little jarring. Felt heaps more secure on the Z. Handling was more stable and really liked the gearbox. Would recommend riding the cb but after 5min I almost turned around and said I am done don't bother I am going the Z1000 sorry.

One thing on the Z was the firm rear brake.... Any fixes... Needs too much pressure for my liking.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i was deciding between gixxer, zx10r, and z1. gixxer is super nice and an all around great bike. love the zx10r for 2010, however, it seemed kinda cheaply made to me. then the z was just eye catching. first 1000 cc engine ive ever had besides riding my bros zx11. if u want torque, thats the way to go

·
Registered
5,210 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The Honda will be a nice bike in the same vein as owning a high quality refirgerator or microwave. It's a Honda. It's an appliance.

The Triumph is well... British. You'll be paying more $$ for soul and getting less performance and reliability.

IMO soul is overrated and I already own a house full of appliances. Get the Z or look for a year end deal on a Ninja. Either will be as reliable as you'll ever want and and have more performance than the other choices.
WELL SAID bling sells a lot of motorcycles:dontknow:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Isn't asking the question "Z or CB" like posting "Republican or Democrat" on a Republican forum?

Just sayin'

1 - 17 of 17 Posts