Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ok props to you for keep up with that... I'm finding our stats are similar... lots of highway speeds for me and lots of opening of the throttle.... when I babied it and stayed 65mph or lower I got significantly better gas mileage. My average speed on highways is 80 and in the country in the 60's.. with frequent jolts to triple digits... so my gas milage varies greatly on how I'm riding. I'm figuring between 25-29 is my average since at around 80 miles I take on 3 gallons on hard romps. on days that I take it easy 100 miles takes on 3 gallons... so do what you will with those numbers..

3B

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
How you possess the patience to keep up with this is beyond me.
Ok props to you for keep up with that... I'm finding our stats are similar... lots of highway speeds for me and lots of opening of the throttle.... when I babied it and stayed 65mph or lower I got significantly better gas mileage. My average speed on highways is 80 and in the country in the 60's.. with frequent jolts to triple digits... so my gas milage varies greatly on how I'm riding. I'm figuring between 25-29 is my average since at around 80 miles I take on 3 gallons on hard romps. on days that I take it easy 100 miles takes on 3 gallons... so do what you will with those numbers..

3B
If you guys didn't creep, here are my other fuelly's.

******* Ricer (Nissan 350Z) | Fuelly

******* Rocket (Kawasaki ZX-6R) | Fuelly

It's really easy when you can use the iphone app. Fill up, grab your phone, put in your odometer, gallons, cost per gallon, then I put the location in the notes and hit save. Then put my phone back in my pocket and take off.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts