Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Gassed up the Z today, and I got 40 MPG. Also gassed up the 650R and got 50 MPG. I wonder how close to the 50 I can get, going to the 16-39 sprockets? Anyone here using the set up and know their mileage? Thanks, tp dd50

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
I had 70 miles on the tank when I got home last night and it still had 2 bars on the gauge.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had 70 miles on the tank when I got home last night and it still had 2 bars on the gauge.
Like all other motorcycle gas gauges I've had, just don't trust the accuracy of the Z's either. I ride around 100 miles and gas up. Usually around 2.5 gallons. With gas down to around two bucks here, mileage isn't such a big deal, but running out of it on the road would be.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
This is the first bike I've had with a gauge on it. The gauge starts flashing the last bar at almost exactly 1 gallon every time.

I fill up around 80-90 miles when it starts flashing on me.

What sucks is the 3rd gen has the smallest fuel tank of all the Z's.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
40.9 do i win! It was up on 43 when i went to london last week....and thats with a full system with k&n and mapped uploadfromtaptalk1443644773312.jpg

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
803 Posts
This is the first bike I've had with a gauge on it. The gauge starts flashing the last bar at almost exactly 1 gallon every time.

I fill up around 80-90 miles when it starts flashing on me.

What sucks is the 3rd gen has the smallest fuel tank of all the Z's.
Very similar results here too man... wish they could have squeezed another gallon in there....

3B

·
Registered
76 Posts
40.9 do i win! It was up on 43 when i went to london last week....and thats with a full system with k&n and mapped View attachment 71153

Aren't UK gallons larger than US gallons? USG=128oz. If UKG is larger, then MPG would not be the same.

·
Super Moderator
1,827 Posts
I'm coming in super late here, but I usually get just under 150 miles to the tank.

As far as gallons though, I believe a gallon is a gallon. But I know they sell gas by the liter so the conversions may be rounded causing a difference.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Dunno.... But i know 41 mpg is pretty good for a tuned bike used for regular inner city riding....

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm pretty sure dd50 is right. An "imperial" gallon is not equal to our gallons.

'03 Z
FWIW, an Imperial Gallon is equal to 1.20094992043 US gallons. If the gallon fuel size used in the UK is actually the Imperial Gallon, the mileage there would have to be multiplied by .92, to equal US mileage. So 41 UK MPG would equal 37.72 US MPG, using the conversion.
Now liters are the same everywhere, but the xxKPH/ltr way of determining fuel consumption is totally foreign to me, as we don't use liters or KPH here. Well we do have 2 liter Diet Dr Pepper bottles, that I buy and consume...tp

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am getting a solid 120 miles to the tank and taking about 2.6-2.7 gallons when I do= ~44 mpg.

My bike is a stock ECU with 4into1 IXIL system. Mostly interstate speeds and alot of on/off throttle, so pretty happy with mileage.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Kilometers.. liters.. crazy Brits. Also you have Pound, stone and *** meanings all mixed up.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
101 - 120 of 125 Posts