Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to set up a Z1000 meet at Fontana Village,Nc May 2011 If you are interested sign up here or Email me at [email protected] Not to race but ride and have a good time

·
Registered
29 Posts
that would be cool. the date is to far ahead for me to say yes, with kids and exwife, you never know whats next, but tenetively i'm in. keep posting updates.

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interested

Sounds good, but with job, wife, and kids I could not really give it a positive yes or no until about 2 weeks before the date.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are we all on the same page or what? Some of the things I read sounds like we are against each other , my bike is faster louder newer what ever, come on guys we all like the same bike Z1000 03-11

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll be back in SoCal soon... once there, I will try to setup a Z1000 meet for that area sometime after the first of the year.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Think the week of 5-23 will work:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Back to the Future

Can I show up on my Ninja 1000? :confused:I have not bought it yet and still have not decided if I will go with a Z1000 or Ninja 1000.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can I show up on my Ninja 1000? :confused:I have not bought it yet and still have not decided if I will go with a Z1000 or Ninja 1000.
All Z's are welcome even the Z1000SX/Ninja :D

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I am all for it! I will be there. Keep us posted on it.

FWIW, If you want to meet up at fontana why not just do a Deals gap resort meet? they have everything there to support a meet and for people traveling they have cheap powered camp sites with showers and rooms, as well as a restaurant and store? Just sayin. I know one of the managers I can see about setting something up? Just let me know.
http://www.dealsgap.com

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am all for it! I will be there. Keep us posted on it.

FWIW, If you want to meet up at fontana why not just do a Deals gap resort meet? they have everything there to support a meet and for people traveling they have cheap powered camp sites with showers and rooms, as well as a restaurant and store? Just sayin. I know one of the managers I can see about setting something up? Just let me know.
dealsgap.com, Deals Gap, NC information. The Dragon, US129, Great Smoky Mountains. The Dragon at Deals Gap.
That sounds great, see what the schedule is for that week. I know they get booked up years in advance.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
^Yeah they get booked up pretty quick. But they are closed for the season right now and wont be open til march. I know several people there and here is how it works. If people want to stay just reserve a room as soon as they reopen. Camp sites are first come first serve. Generally always sites available. If we are wanting to block off some room for the board members we would have to know who is going to come and will have to put a deposit down.

FWIW: I will prob bring 2 bikes. My Z and my GSX-R750 race bike. (for playing on the hill):)

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^Yeah they get booked up pretty quick. But they are closed for the season right now and wont be open til march. I know several people there and here is how it works. If people want to stay just reserve a room as soon as they reopen. Camp sites are first come first serve. Generally always sites available. If we are wanting to block off some room for the board members we would have to know who is going to come and will have to put a deposit down.

FWIW: I will prob bring 2 bikes. My Z and my GSX-R750 race bike. (for playing on the hill):)
Do you ride the lucky strike bike 7

·
Registered
78 Posts
I Think the week of 5-23 will work:)
How long would you anticipate this lasting? My buddy here has a Busa, but he's also got trailers and such. It's well over 500 miles from here and I think I'm too worn out to ride a Z all that way, and back, when I can get him to trailer us both over. We're looking into that at this time. Just curious if you've given any thought to how long we would be together.
Phil

·
Registered
18 Posts
May 23rd? let me know when you defintely have that date locked so I can plan. Thanks!:)

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was thinking May 23-29 I will be there the whole time but you can come in any time that you can make it, that week or weekend. I hope this time works for all, But I will have to see if the motel is booked for that week. Don't know if I will camp or get a room? And i will be trailering my bike to so I can bring all my stuff.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts