Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I myself am very upset but I think z1000 is nearing its end (worldwide, US version already discontinued)

So in 2020 I was planning to buy a z1000 but thanks to Covid and Lockdown it was delayed, then the new z900 came out so I held off from buying a z1000 in hopes they'll have new upgrades the next model year, having said all this the zh2 flew under my radar so when 2021 came the z1000 still has no new upgrades, so I immediately thought the z1000 has begun its descent to discontinued hell, but thinking business-wise it makes sense to not have your 2 bikes competing against each other so one gets to be the new starboy (zh2) and one gets to be slowly ignored and abandoned (z1000).

care to weigh in?

(P.S if anyone is asking I bought the new-gen GSX S1000 cuz it's new!)
(P.P.S the ZH2 is ugly so I went with suzuki)
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
357 Posts
In the UK the only new Z1000 you can buy will be old stock. It's gone from the range and it looks like the ZH2 is the replacement.

The looks of the ZH2 certainly divide opinion. It's a great bike to ride,but before I would buy one it would need to be 40kgs lighter and maybe a little less homely.

Who knows what may be revived in the future,the current Z900 may even get a few more cubes and rebadged as a Z1000,but for now Gen 4 is the last Z.

Hope you enjoy the Suzook. (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2014 was the last real update to the Z1000, everything since then has been paint schemes

none of this is news to us, enjoy your ride

* the current Z900 is only off 5 cc from the Gen 1 Z1000
Well I still had hoped they'll do a refresh but ZH2 came out so nail in the coffin I guess

·
Registered
357 Posts
A further,more final nail in the coffin was announced by Kawasaki recently.
Kawasaki Set to Electrify Its Entire Range in Developed Markets by 2035

Japanese motorcycle manufacturer Kawasaki has announced that all its bikes sold in developed countries will become fully electric by 2035. They also plan on exploring hydrogen propulsion as more of a near-term solution, as they make the push towards carbon neutrality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So as it stands my Zed is 17 years old so in 2052 will the 2035 Zed or whatever it is, still be around in some futuristic form?. I'll hedge my bets to say I won't be cos I'll be 93. I'll stick with my Zed and the RGV until my body says you can't get on that anymore. 😎

1 - 10 of 10 Posts