Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Much better... Planted and almost cushioned...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
No there's a special tool that you need to fit the cartridges but I'll be getting one myself so I can service the forks myself.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Havent bought one yet as the bike has only been back on the road for about a month or so... Yeah - bought the Tvt Pro cartridges...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Havent bought one yet as the bike has only been back on the road for about a month or so... Yeah - bought the Tvt Pro cartridges...

If you will buy NTT050272
So you paid for installing TVT catriges. If you will buy NTT050272 - Wellcome with photo and part size ))) I didn't see it for sale.
In my case, i will never find the service with this wrench in Russia

·
Registered
61 Posts
Finally, I installed all kit.
Brembo CNC p4 calipers, Brembo Supersport floating rotors, and Brembo RCS 19 Corsa Corta.
No armoured brake lines yet.
I modified the spacers, which photo sent comysofa.
I made it from 45 steel, and seems it must be painted.
I can't say exactly, how does it feel. It feels different.
I can't say that stock brakes didn't work.
Brembo just working more linear, and maybe more in touch.

Oh, and this fucking noise from floating rotors, when you ride slowly in traffic jam or etc....
Feeling like your bike is falling to pieces....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Yeah.... My pfm discs make that noise too...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I did look at the zx10 calipers but, apparently theyre a 100mm spacing....
****... Yesterday I feel something like my steering bearing became bad.
Only after today I disassemble the steering and tightened the nut under bearing, and assemble it back, I got that this sensation comes from the floating disks.
Be careful with the same!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Not sure I understand - you mean your yoke nut was loose?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure I understand - you mean your yoke nut was loose?

I think that my steering stem bearings became bad.
First time it help to tighten the nut. But I was disappointed and upset, because that spring I installed the new rolling bearings.

After checking, I notice that when you push fronts brakes and push the fork down, there was the noise like bearings are bad. But then I got that it's noise and sensation from rotors....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Yes - ive changed head bearings before. I usually fit, ride and then when they bed in, tighten them down again...usually have to do this a couple of times.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I noticed only because mine looked identical to yours. The splits were so even that it almost looked like they were sent out this way.

I doubt we are the only ones. I'll bet most bikes are the same? I didnt buy the new wipers from Kawasaki. I used SKF. They have to hold up better than what we had.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I noticed only because mine looked identical to yours. The splits were so even that it almost looked like they were sent out this way.

I doubt we are the only ones. I'll bet most bikes are the same? I didnt buy the new wipers from Kawasaki. I used SKF. They have to hold up better than what we had.
Those are Ariete both. There weren't splits when I bought it. I have been using it only 2nd season and 8000 km.

I think it's not good enough for so short using time.

But, there wasn't any rubbish under....

41 - 57 of 57 Posts