Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yea, that 100mm spacing sucks.....but, if you find a set of rotors. man, are they nice. 330mm is overkill, but if you find a good, used set, cost would be pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
My 330 rotors BARELY allow the caliper to slide on. I suspect your calipers are smaller, more compact?

My fake, gsxr brembos would not fit if that rotor was even 331mm.

Still, not sure how could test fit without actually having the 330 rotors installed?

To make mine slide in place, I have to work the pads apart, say a few prayers, and the caliper slides on, as it just touches the outer rim.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
yeah - they dont seem as chunky - ill do more research when i get closer to affording them!....having said that my hypermotard is like that....very close to the edge of the wheel...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
yeah - they dont seem as chunky - ill do more research when i get closer to affording them!....having said that my hypermotard is like that....very close to the edge of the wheel...
You know, this would work....

Find a friendly Kawasaki shop, who has a zx10. See if your caliper will slide on it...You know, it probably will. That zx10 has the M50 calipers. Yours are at least that small and compact, I'd imagine?

My situation was funny. I had about five minutes thinking I had just purchased some 330mm paper weights.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Im a sucker for trying **** out.....ill take a look in the local kwak shop if i can get out...tbh i dont see why not....no reason why marchesinis cant take a 330mm disc...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Bit of an update....and i never expected this TBH....the stock marchesini bolts that hold the disc collar to the wheel i placed some small 2mm spring washers to space the collar away from the wheel to try to centralize the disc within the caliper...initial first build (no washers) disc rubs against the right side of the left caliper and the opposite on the other side (add the 2mm spacers) - no rubbing but not central either (lever works ok) but as its all bedding in i expect that to change. Saturday i added some 3mm stainless spacers - result: 20 times better, near solid lever pull (better than the old calipers, way better) - pads are now starting to bed it so brakes are now starting to show their worth. Went to BSB round at Oulton park yesterday, 3 1/2 trip each way - torrential rain all the way home and they were brilliant. Pads next...then, if im feeling rich, a master cylinder....

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yep - as i say im gonna do it in stages....pads first....see how they go...then discs (PFM for me in the air on the size though) and then master cylinder last....nice to speak to you again...you still got yours...?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Chunky spacers fitted! Think I'm gonna get some turned out for the rear of it as well. Turns out I've got a slightly warped right disc...repositioned it and I think I'm good for some testing...just waiting for the weather to dry out...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Hi, man!
Can you tell please the parameters of spacers?
I bought the same Brembo CNC p4 and 310 HPK Discs.
Now I need order spacers from turner but don't know any size.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
No prob... Just bear with me and I'll get them for you...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'll take some photos as well... Working at the moment so not near the bike...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't change the front suspension, I'm not sure that it will be much better, and I don't wanna spent much money for it. It's no profit in case to sell bike.
But maybe it's really better, I can't compare
The HPK calipers I can use many times later.

I changed the rear shock absorber only. Choosing from Nitron Vs USS.
The USS works much better than stock.
The rear shock absorber can be used in z1000sx alsow only.
IMG_20210416_143703.jpg

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Love mine so the expense doesnt really bother me as i get the use of those said upgrades every time i ride it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Love mine so the expense doesnt really bother me as i get the use of those said upgrades every time i ride it.
I like my bike and have money too. I mean the level of front suspension is pretty good at start and not sure to change it.
How does it feel with Nitron ?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts