Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question guy's, are there any z1000 riders clubs in the atlanta area? when i had my klr650 there was a group to ride with.I know it sounds a little silly, but a Z1000 group would be great.Any response would be helpfull. I'm in the athens area which is east of atlantaapprox.80 miles or so. Thanks and ride safe.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Z1000 club

Just a question guy's, are there any z1000 riders clubs in the atlanta area? when i had my klr650 there was a group to ride with.I know it sounds a little silly, but a Z1000 group would be great.Any response would be helpfull. I'm in the athens area which is east of atlantaapprox.80 miles or so. Thanks and ride safe.:rolleyes:
I live in Rome,GA. Start one and they will come:cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree with zeph; start one. If you do, let me know via the forum and I'll help you publicize. I don't live in GA anymore, but I'm retired and could spend some time getting the word out. I can't imagine that there aren't a whole bunch of Zs in N. GA.
Phil

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. Riding these bikes in north ga. mountains is a blast, but you will have to show some restraint with the throttle management. There are so many great twisting roads to blast through and i know most of them including some local authorities, if you catch my drift. Iwill start a z club this coming weekend in the mountains. It's a great place to meet people and share info. Blood mountain on hwy 129 is a known meeting place.Dalonega is another, also in close proximety to blood mountain. T.W.O is off hwy 60 as well. Only motorcycles are allowed in the parking lot.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Absolutely one of the best rides anywhere is through the N. GA mountains, up into TN, NC . . . that triangle up in there that includes the Smoky Mountains. My dad lived in Gainesville until he passed this Feb. I had my Vulcan up in that area and spent a whole week, without a schedule, just going where I wanted to go. Ate when I was hungry . . . well, everybody's seen Forrest Gump. Been to all those places you mention. Wish I was over there this weekend.
Phil

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Absolutely one of the best rides anywhere is through the N. GA mountains, up into TN, NC . . . that triangle up in there that includes the Smoky Mountains. My dad lived in Gainesville until he passed this Feb. I had my Vulcan up in that area and spent a whole week, without a schedule, just going where I wanted to go. Ate when I was hungry . . . well, everybody's seen Forrest Gump. Been to all those places you mention. Wish I was over there this weekend.
Phil
Try to get something going for next spring around may. we could stay at T.W.O maybe do day day ride to the chero & the gap keep posting Zephyrboy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Zephyr, that might be a plan bro. Let's knock it around during the winter. I would have a pretty long ride to get over there. While my dad was alive, I used to ride my Vulcan over and stay with him in Gainesville.
Phil

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey rugrat, did you get any interest this past weekend? Even though I'm too far away to participate, I'd love to help you out by designing flyers, posting contact info on other forums etc. You need to begin getting info on everyone who might be interested. I could setup a database for you to keep track. Let me know if interested and I'll tell you what info would be useful for the database.
Regards,
Phil

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey guys, sorry it took so long to reply. Ididn't go to the n. ga. mountains. Aco-worker is relocating to florida and asked me to help him pack. He also rides as well. I will attempt it again this weekend, weather permitting. I will try to grab names and numbers to post when i return. Starting a data base would be great. Sorry , but i did manage to log a couple of miles on the z to and from his house. Thanks again for your response, by the way, t.w.o. is a great place to eat as well as camp.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Gap Bash

Deals gap is having a end of the year bash Oct 29th.food live music and 50cc races. Iam going to try and be there.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
What is going on with the Z1000 meet next spring:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I would like to get a Z1000 meet together next spring.We could have it at Fontana,Village NC maybe around May or June 2011. I need to know who wants to go so we can reserve some rooms and get special rates plan rides and events:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would like to get a Z1000 meet together next spring.We could have it at Fontana,Village NC maybe around May or June 2011. I need to know who wants to go so we can reserve some rooms and get special rates plan rides and events:)
Sounds great to me. If I'm physically able, I'll be there. I rode that area on my Vulcan 1600 in the middle of May in 08 and I had BEAUTIFUL weather all week. You guys have to promise not to run off and leave me in your wake too bad. :)
Phil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts