Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think it needs for accessories?

I dont know what I would do other then maybe some slip on pipes. I dont mind the big chrome exhausts that are on it now, I would just like a little more sound! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was thinking the same on the exhaust. It looks good, and I am not sure the upgrade is worth the $. What I am looking at upgrading in the near future is the mirrors, bar ends, adding a fender eliminator and lowering it a few inches (on my tip toes at a stop sign). I am finding it hard to find aftermarket for the 2010 so far, as it is a new bike. Let me know if you find a good site.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There are about 10 exhaust out already from Akra to Miv, two Bros, V&H, and a few others. Akra actually has 3 available: 2 full exhausts and a set of slip ons.

There are several slider available. Mushroom style and two that connect at the front and rear of the engine to provide a long sliding area.

Most any bar end mirror will work on it.

Any sproket from the previous gens will work.

Front brakes are off the ZX-10, so I immagine the pads are interchangeable.

You can get SS brake lines for the front(haven't seen the rears done yet).

I have seen at least 3 tail tidys/fender elims on ebay.

Clear Alternatives is working on an integrated tail light(expect later in the year)

Those are just what I can think of off the top of my head. I know there are more.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
While I can't speak about the 2010 models, a speedo healer is a good choice for 1st Gen. Z1000s. I'd imagine the new bikes are not much different.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You could get some carbon fiber bits for the intake portion. I've seen some guys in Germany do it. You can get some shorty Pazzo levers if that's your style. You can get an aftermarket seat cowl to cover the rear seat (white will get dirty easily if you have that one). You can get other carbon fiber bits for the front portion of the tank that surrounds the keyhole. You can get rearsets, handlebars, grips, rear huggers, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts