Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
KZ1 2020
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :).
got a little slide away last week...as i was looking around and inspecting the the damage.
found this issue.
so my question is.can i weld it up and ride on.or its a bigger problem then it seems?

PS: looking for new\used in good condition Suspension Forks.and Front headlight...got it busted as well. :\

thanks for the help.
Font Parallel Engineering Auto part Rectangle

Shoe Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

· Registered
53 Posts
Well, welding is pretty much the only thing you can do there. Headlights are getting expensive for oem but there’s tons of after market options. As far as forks your just going to have to scour eBay 14-16 KAWASAKI Z1000 OEM STRAIGHT FRONT FORKS SHOCK SUSPENSION SET PAIR | eBay
That’s a set for a 4th gen, 400 bucks I doubt you’ll find a better deal. Most forks are twisted in the clamp and can be straightened by loosening it all up and knocking it back into place. If they’re super scratched and you want them off then yeah you’ll need to eBay it. Headlight is on eBay. As long as you do a good job the weld on a the radiator should work, it’s not a stressed part of the frame as far as I can tell

· Registered
53 Posts
Oh one other thing I forgot to mention, be careful with eBay forks as they could be bent worse than what you already have. After my last post I browsing eBay and I saw a set of forks for a Z1000 that were clearly bent on the lower portion of one side. You could see it in the picture juxtaposed to the lines on the table they had it laid out on

· Registered
141 Posts
Well, welding is pretty much the only thing you can do there. Headlights are getting expensive for oem but there’s tons of after market options. As far as forks your just going to have to scour eBay 14-16 KAWASAKI Z1000 OEM STRAIGHT FRONT FORKS SHOCK SUSPENSION SET PAIR | eBay
That’s a set for a 4th gen, 400 bucks I doubt you’ll find a better deal. Most forks are twisted in the clamp and can be straightened by loosening it all up and knocking it back into place. If they’re super scratched and you want them off then yeah you’ll need to eBay it. Headlight is on eBay. As long as you do a good job the weld on a the radiator should work, it’s not a stressed part of the frame as far as I can tell
The break IS in the frame. I'd find an experienced aluminum welder. Have to prevent any cracks from spreading.

Mad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts