Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My previous bikes were all of smallish capacity between 600 to 800cc. I am looking for my first 100 plus HP bike.

The Z1000 caught my eye as a solid and good value for money bike. The 2019 model is not much more expensive than the 2020 Z900.

The Z900 has the tech features of traction control and a flashy best in industry TFT display.

The Z1000 only has ABS and a basic display plus more performance with great suspension and brakes.

Which one would make one smile more considering that most of my riding is in fair weather:
1. On twisties on the weekend, but at a pace where lines are more key than speed.
2. Thereafter a couple of longer 2 h rides to the country side where I want to travel faster than the cages
3. The odd commute with little traffic on secondary roads.
4. I might also do 3 or 4 track I days a year - probably in B group once I get used to the bike.

Ciao
Jaco

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Personally id say the z1000 but then ive got one. Reasons:

1. Far more performance spares around for the 1000 than the 900 - more established.
2. Inherently there are sub standard parts on the 900. eg take a look at the front calipers....non radial...if you want more braking...apart from a pad upgrade thats pretty well about it....the 1000 has radial 108mm calipers....ive got a set of brembo hpk's in mine which rivals any of the latest sportbikes.
3. Some stuff cross compatible with the zx-10 - ive gota qs from one...bolts straight in.
4. ABS: not really interested in that - as it inteferes with braking feel....
5. I cant comment on the 900 but the 1000's ecu is flashable and lots of dyno operators are familiar with it.
6. BPF forks have a range of internal performance cartridges available...ohlins, bitubo and nitron to name a few.
7. Again i cant comment on the 900 but the 1000 is probably the easiest bike ive ever had to work on....last job i did was to remove the rear swing arm...takes less than an hour....
8. Reliability.....6 year of owning my zed and its never ever not started on the button and its my main bike i use...

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've riden both, I did not like the ergonomics on the Z900, the seat was way too low, and this is coming from a short-ass that's only 5'-8", otherwise they are very similar. I personally prefer the look of the 1000, the 900's headlight is a bit too space-frog for my tastes. Also, the 1000's engine has been largely unchanged since the 2009 Versys in which it was introduced in, so they had over a decade to perfect it, whereas the 900 engine has only been around for 3 years. Also, I prefer the alu-frame over tubular-frame.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
The 900 if you were picked only at the end for schoolboy team competitions.

The 1000 if you want ride a Motorcycle, plus its Bulletproof.

The 900 if you were called Butterfingers at school.

The 1000 if you like Adventure.

The 900 if your other car is a Prius.

The 1000 if your other car is a V6 or bigger.

The 900 if you kept a Guinea Pig as a schoolboy.

The 1000 if you owned a Dog.

The 900 if your female partner doesn't like sex & you are OK with it.

The 1000 if you love Women.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The 900 if you were picked only at the end for schoolboy team competitions.

The 1000 if you want ride a Motorcycle, plus its Bulletproof.

The 900 if you were called Butterfingers at school.

The 1000 if you like Adventure.

The 900 if your other car is a Prius.

The 1000 if your other car is a V6 or bigger.

The 900 if you kept a Guinea Pig as a schoolboy.

The 1000 if you owned a Dog.

The 900 if your female partner doesn't like sex & you are OK with it.

The 1000 if you love Women.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Buy a 900 if you prefer Soccer over Rugby

The 1000 if you prefer Rugby League over Rugby

Buy the 900 if you like shopping in the Mall with your girlfriend

The 1000 if the closest you come to visiting a Mall is doing a wheelie with your girlfriend on the back after you pick her up

Buy a 900 if your Mother still makes you lunch

The 1000 if the last time you saw your Mother is when she bailed you out of jail

Buy a 900 if a loud bang in the night startles you

The 1000 if you are the noise

Buy a 900 if you hold everyone up in the grocery store making sure they credit you for every coupon

The 1000 if you used those coupons for toilet paper during the Covid shortage

Buy the 900 if the Women in your life are happy to see you in Church each Sunday

The 1000 if people in the Church pray for your Losr Soul on Sunday

Buy the 900 if being in Detention after school meant reprimands from your parents & peers

The 1000 if being in Detention with your Mates means you didn't have to waste that time waiting for them by yourself outside

Buy the 900 if you believe in Black Lives Matters

The 1000 if you know the All Blacks are the only team that matters

Buy the 900 if you binge watch the Kardashians & the Bachelorette

The 1000 if you don't own a TV

Buy 900 if you like watching The Cooking Channel

The 1000 if you are the rare soul on network tv when they interrupt the broadcast to show a Los Angeles LAPD & CHP chase and you outrun all units including the Helicopters.

Buy the 900 if your Laundry is always perfect.

The 1000 if you only wash your gear after major accidents.

Buy the 900 if at school you were the Teacher's Pet

The 1000 if you took revenge on your teacher by coloring half her dog Neon Green

The 900 if a Yellow traffic light means Stop

The 1000 if a Yellow light means its not Red yet ...

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Transport

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buy a 900 if you prefer Soccer over Rugby

The 1000 if you prefer Rugby League over Rugby

Buy the 900 if you like shopping in the Mall with your girlfriend

The 1000 if the closest you come to visiting a Mall is doing a wheelie with your girlfriend on the back after you pick her up

Buy a 900 if your Mother still makes you lunch

The 1000 if the last time you saw your Mother is when she bailed you out of jail

Buy a 900 if a loud bang in the night startles you

The 1000 if you are the noise

Buy a 900 if you hold everyone up in the grocery store making sure they credit you for every coupon

The 1000 if you used those coupons for toilet paper during the Covid shortage

Buy the 900 if the Women in your life are happy to see you in Church each Sunday

The 1000 if people in the Church pray for your Losr Soul on Sunday

Buy the 900 if being in Detention after school meant reprimands from your parents & peers

The 1000 if being in Detention with your Mates means you didn't have to waste that time waiting for them by yourself outside

Buy the 900 if you believe in Black Lives Matters

The 1000 if you know the All Blacks are the only team that matters

Buy the 900 if you binge watch the Kardashians & the Bachelorette

The 1000 if you don't own a TV

Buy 900 if you like watching The Cooking Channel

The 1000 if you are the rare soul on network tv when they interrupt the broadcast to show a Los Angeles LAPD & CHP chase and you outrun all units including the Helicopters.

Buy the 900 if your Laundry is always perfect.

The 1000 if you only wash your gear after major accidents.

Buy the 900 if at school you were the Teacher's Pet

The 1000 if you took revenge on your teacher by coloring half her dog Neon Green

The 900 if a Yellow traffic light means Stop

The 1000 if a Yellow light means its not Red yet ...

View attachment 84602
Sad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts