Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have been looking for a steering dampener that will fit my z1k 2016. But im having a hard time finding one that im sure will fit.

Anyone here that has one that you know works good?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm interested aswell. Never heard of ex racing tho. How mich are you looking to get for it?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm interested aswell. Never heard of ex racing tho. How mich are you looking to get for it?

Yeah ive never heard of it either, i would preferrably have some high quality ones if im going to spend the money on it. (up to like 500$)
However i noticed its not very popular to have dampers for this bike, i even asked at my local kawa dealer and they told me to check for it on some forums lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yeah ive never heard of it either, i would preferrably have some high quality ones if im going to spend the money on it. (up to like 500$)
However i noticed its not very popular to have dampers for this bike, i even asked at my local kawa dealer and they told me to check for it on some forums lol
Well on my 2007 Z1000, i had a hyperpro damper, which cost me about 500 euro.

They make them for for the gen4 aswell.
Im pretry sure there are other well known quality brands that make them too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It’s FX RACING (does look like an E though) I brought it from webike they do tonnes of stuff you can’t find anywhere else - like the rear brake adapter plate!

seems Very well made and solid , I’m no expert though, definitely does the job, adjustable too.

I think it was about £60

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well on my 2007 Z1000, i had a hyperpro damper, which cost me about 500 euro.

They make them for for the gen4 aswell.
Im pretry sure there are other well known quality brands that make them too.

i looked at their site and this is what i found that should fit the z1k.
Hyperpro webshop

I assume it should work but there isnt alot of reviews and or installs on the internet, is it relativly easy to do?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s FX RACING (does look like an E though) I brought it from webike they do tonnes of stuff you can’t find anywhere else - like the rear brake adapter plate!

seems Very well made and solid , I’m no expert though, definitely does the job, adjustable too.

I think it was about £60
Alright, ill check it out :) Can be a good site to remember for other stuff thats unusual aswell. Thanks!

·
Registered
358 Posts
i looked at their site and this is what i found that should fit the z1k.
Hyperpro webshop

I assume it should work but there isnt alot of reviews and or installs on the internet, is it relativly easy to do?
Its easyto do, yo do need to buy the mounting kit seperately on their website.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its easyto do, yo do need to buy the mounting kit seperately on their website.

Oh nice, is it really nessesary to cut the ignition cover or would it be fine leaving it as is without it?
I guess i could always get a second cover for the ignition part and cut that instead.
Thanks alot!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Oh nice, is it really nessesary to cut the ignition cover or would it be fine leaving it as is without it?
I guess i could always get a second cover for the ignition part and cut that instead.
Thanks alot!
You either cut the ignition cover, or you don't reinstall it.

It so stupid.... hyperpro is a dutch company, but when i want one it costs more, oposed to someone from abroad

·
Registered
252 Posts
the cheapo route is to get a $40 ebay one just for the mounting hardware and then use a 3rd gen ZX10r Ohlins unit for the damper itself

1 - 20 of 24 Posts