Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey'all, recently bought a 2012 Z1000, it has 63k miles on it, but running pretty smooth. The body is also in really good condition even with high mileage, and I got a pretty good deal.

So I have the Fi light flashing while driving(and the oil also), and its giving me the code 16. (Intake air pressure sensor #2 malfunction.)

The owner told me that he took the computer controlled flapper valve for back pressure since he installed a yoshimura exhaust, and told me that I had to get an override kit if I want to get rid of the flashing Fi light.

Found a servo on ebay
Servo-Buddy-Kawasaki-Z1000-Z750-2007-2016-FI-Light-Exhaust

Looking for someone who had experienced the same so I can see if that servo would work. Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
That Servo Buddy is meant to eliminate the need for the exhaust servo which is located under the seat on our bikes. That code is unrelated to the exhaust servo which would populate code 34 indicating an issue with the exhaust butterfly valve actuator sensor (servo).

I advise you follow the service manual in diagnosing the code and seeing what needs to be done, that air intake pressure sensor is located under the air box which will need to be removed. You will also need to remove the fairings and fuel tank to access the air box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts