Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a question, I broke my 3gen Z head and need another one,I want to know
fit head from 4th gen ? or from another model ?
Sorry for my english :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
I know 3rd and 4th gen basically have the same engine and gearbox. But i dont know if you can just swap the head.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all, į found only z1000 from 2010-2013 and z1000sx 2010-2013 cylinder head is the same

·
Registered
376 Posts
Beats me! I learned the hard way too with my clutch. I wanted the 16 slipperclutch for my 15 bike. Accidentally ordered the 17 Parts, which are different from 16 and wouldnt fit in my bike. Now i have some expensive paperweights

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi, I have a question, I broke my 3gen Z head and need another one,I want to know
fit head from 4th gen ? or from another model ?
Sorry for my english :)
head is identical but intake came is different. Use your old cams, or you need to retune the fuel and ignition curve for the bike to run optimal.

Also, early production 2010's had unique chains and cam gears that was changed midway through the model year and remained the same all the way up through the 4th gen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
head is identical but intake came is different. Use your old cams, or you need to retune the fuel and ignition curve for the bike to run optimal.

Also, early production 2010's had unique chains and cam gears that was changed midway through the model year and remained the same all the way up through the 4th gen.
thanks (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts