Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, few months ago, my bike dropped dead on the highway. All electronic shut down and bike stopped so I got it towed. No booster nor battery would save it. As I used an electric "tester", ive come to the conclusion my ignition switch was the problem. Does it makes sense ? When i turn the key, nothing happens at all. No electronic at all (lights off, speedmeter off etc). It is french but there is the wiring scheme though (http://www.900z1.com/images/schemas/KZ1000_eur_fr_coul.jpg)
If it is in fact the ignition switch, where can I buy one without getting ripped ? Is 6 pins universal to all ignition switch ?
Ps: Ive checked the fuse box and everything is good.
Thank you so much.
Isaac

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's possible that the ignition switch just died, but it's more likely it is something else like a fried battery or a failed ground wire connection somewhere in the wiring harness or the theft protection circuit. What's the story of the bike?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's possible that the ignition switch just died, but it's more likely it is something else like a fried battery or a failed ground wire connection somewhere in the wiring harness or the theft protection circuit. What's the story of the bike?
I noticed, wrong wiring :')
Also, I live in quebec, Canada so heavy winters and rain without protections. I should buy a new battery or is there a way I could start it (like trying to boost it again with a Car ? ) else, ill use an voltage tester to try to find between where the wire is damaged. The french word is vert de gris, the green residut on wires. Chances are high that my wires suck. Any idea how to test it ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can boost the bike with a car but it won't work if you have a completely dead battery. I don't want to be insulting but did you make sure you didn't bump/engage the safety/kill switch on the handle bars near the throttle? Checking the wiring is a process called trouble shooting, check youtube, I'm sure there are many videos posted on how to check electrical problems. But first replace the battery and try again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can boost the bike with a car but it won't work if you have a completely dead battery. I don't want to be insulting but did you make sure you didn't bump/engage the safety/kill switch on the handle bars near the throttle? Checking the wiring is a process called trouble shooting, check youtube, I'm sure there are many videos posted on how to check electrical problems. But first replace the battery and try again.
Bouahahah no, I didnt turned off the bike 😅😂 Else, I wouldve noticed before calling a Towing and opening my bike wide open ! Just didnt thought the bike could stall and no longer start over a dead battery even when boosted.thankyou

1 - 6 of 6 Posts