Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys really new around here just like to say hey first off... anyways a recently purchased a kawasaki z 1000 2003, this thing is a torque monster lol really amazed and happy with the bike! But I've got a couple questions... my friend owns a 2007 gsxr 750, and he insists that no matter what I do my bike will never be able to outrun his bike, 1/8 ,1/4, interstate roll-on...NOTHING! HE INSISTS THAT THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN! I know that the z 1000 is a bit heavier due to the steel framework, But what can be done to make the z 1000 feet the jixer every time... NOS? I have a wheelie bar on order... I must smoke this gixxer and avenge the name of the Kawi! He must repeatedly eat my dust, so tell me what I need to eliminate this competition? His gsxr has just a slip on and stretch... my z1000 has a [email protected] filter and a slip on... Thanks guys! Z1000 FTW!

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Top end NO !
1/8 mile YES!
1/4 mile MAYBE!
60 mph roll on YES!
:welcome:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I would consider the nitrous.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha I KNOW not on top end! But you say eight he will be dragged? And like a 60-130? What size of shot will I need to spray to DESTROY his feelings? Also should i run a wet or a dry system? (Will get a tune and Programmer if neccesary). And some info on gearing for the front and rear? You guys sure the Z can waxx him? He and his buddies do seem overly confident...

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok 520 chain with down one front and up two or three in the rear.... 2hundredbucks power commander(threehundo for the part 150 for dyno'd) with the mods you have now you run to rich in low rpm and to lean in higher rmp gear... and get your bike tuned, geared and smoke his asssss!

·
Registered
12 Posts
nitrous express wet kit, 10hp per cyl. so 40 shot. tuned right if you put say 130hp and 70ish tq at the rear wheel on the motor alone, that would be in the neighborhood of 170whp and a solid 110tq. wet kits make better tq than a dry kit. my last n2o injected car with a 100 wet shot added 102 hp and 126tq to the wheels.

lets just say spray and hold on, cause i dont think the front will stay planted in 3rd or 4th without a stretch or the wheelie bars you were talking about.

·
Registered
33 Posts
opps umm good luck! haha my bad their quarter mile is about 10.2 to 10.4

·
Registered
875 Posts
send him my way i ride with two cbr1000rr's and have ridden with an 09 zx10r. any roll on in the lower gears under 110 i'm ahead. top end is a no brainer. i can never expect to even come anywhere near 186. but not too many places around here to go that fast anyway. 95 % of the time i have way more fun.:screwy::screwy::screwy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok couple more questions I have for you guys, first off what plugs am I going to need? Don't wanna melt any on the JUICE! Another thing im looking into, is practicality of a z1000 on the gas? Safe with a 40shot? Also anyone EXPERIMENTED WITH A WHEELIE BAR??? How do they act touching the pavement at high speeds with those little wheels!? Good controll?.... um well that's about it, one last thing is im looking for some VIDZ of Z1K's busting othr bikes Asses drag racing or w.e? On gas? Or just whatever! I need something to boost the confidence level Haha So seriously guys is the Z gonna tear his *** up or what!? HONEST OPINIONS PLEASE!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SO FINAL QUESTION! 2003 Z1000 with slip on,B&M filter, wheelie bar, -1/+3 , 520chain, PC/tuned-up, and a 40 shot wet kit...VS... 2007 Gsx-R 750 with K&N filter, two brothers slip on, +12 evil swingarm, 46 tooth rear, other than that STOCK & JUST ANOTHER GIXXER!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Btw this will be done at an 1/8th mile strip, which is 60ft short of a TRUE eighth! Z1K Rider- 110lbs, GSXR rider- 135lbs..just a little extra info for all you who are curious;)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Penguin, how much experience do you guys have at a dragstrip?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Idk abt the competition but the z1000 will be piloted by 3 different WELL SEASONED draggers... why?
Timing, consistency, and experience play a big role in this. He/You could have twice the bike the other does, but if he/you are not efficient enough the lesser machine piloted by a more experienced rider can win.

I say go hogwild and mod the crap out of it. There is/was a guy on riderforums.com that had a supercharger on his. another guy had zx10 throttlebodies and k&n pods, zx9r cams.... Another guy gutted the bike and retrofitted a 2004 ZX10R engine in its entirety.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
when and where is this going to happen? I would like to be there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mobile,al...get back to ya with a date... what do yall think though? is the z1000 gonna win??? based on if each rider is equal

1 - 20 of 40 Posts