Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Has your dealer given any indication of future service costs?
That is the one area that would put me off owning the ZH2.
I change my own oil, tires and brake pads and could revalve my shock if I felt i needed to. Its a little stiff but Ill wait till it breaks in a bit before deciding. i dont really trust shop mechanics, they have no skin in the game. I do.. my skin. I actually modified my muffler baffle so it wont blow out, and its awesome. Waiting for carbon fiber bits to come to market, and riding riding riding. I didn't know I would love this bike. I went for it - I love it. I didnt know I would love my first Z either.
wtf

I say, what if I died? What if I chose to not buy this bike? What if I chose rational? What if indeed. Choose to live this day with the life you want. fK all and do what you will and be better man for it.

· Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I cant say YOU will love it, but I certainly do.
I retract that statement. Im well over 1000 miles as of today, and I can say without a doubt if you like your Z you will absolutely love the ZH2 holy sht this thing hauls ass! You would not regret buying one i have found no disappointment. It rides like my old Z, on steroids

· Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Oh they are different bikes. The Z-H2 is to the H2 what the Z1OOO is to the ZX1O. Geared shorter for more kick, less top speed. Of course, being sans fairing, top speed isnt where the Z lives. Its an urban gorilla, making more torque lower in the R's and more upright position means more comfort, more seat time. The H2 has a lower compression ratio, meaning you can cram more boost (air/fuel) in the chamber making more HP safely. The Z-H2 is already maxed out with 11:8:1 comp, meaning the effective boost PSI that can be applied is already there @200hp. When the brains figure out the ECU there may (should) be more HP to be found, but honestly, I lifted the front shifting into 5th at 100+ and that was with wheelie control on. its fast enough for me, and If I ever think I need more power, I'll turn off the TC. Got 1,200mi so far, and I'm loving it.

· Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well, the adjustability of the shock is not in question. It seems that heavier riders get further into the stroke, and have a worse time with it than I do. Im only 190~ lbs with gear so its tolerable. Like I said it's a Z! Shes a rough mistress

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys just an enquiry. I am considering purchasing a used ZH2 the problem is it had a downer on the right hand side and now won't start i have checked the tip over sensor and that seems ok. Dash all lights up and bike fires over but won't ignite. only physical damage is plastics and missing front brake reservoir. I won't be buying unless i can get it started.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys new to this site, i am considering buying a damaged H2 but it has an issue, it went down on the right side and only has minor plastic damage. The main issue is it will not start, all the lights come on and it cranks over but wont fire up. i have checked the tip over sensor behind the head lights and that seems ok. Does anyone have any ideas i could try.
Cheers Andrew

· Registered
53 Posts
Check other safety switches if they came loose like the kickstand switch and the clutch switch if it’s got it. Other connections top to bottom. If it’s missing a reservoir sounds like the switch gear on the handle bar with the kill switch or the wire running to it could be knackered. You might even split the cover and find a connection unplugged in it. Something’s gotta be loose somewhere. (z1000 forum not z h2 forum but will try and help)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts