Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has your dealer given any indication of future service costs?

That is the one area that would put me off owning the ZH2.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I might be visiting Texas this week.

And keep the Z1000 for those days when visibility conditions means no flying.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Has your dealer given any indication of future service costs?
That is the one area that would put me off owning the ZH2.
I change my own oil, tires and brake pads and could revalve my shock if I felt i needed to. Its a little stiff but Ill wait till it breaks in a bit before deciding. i dont really trust shop mechanics, they have no skin in the game. I do.. my skin. I actually modified my muffler baffle so it wont blow out, and its awesome. Waiting for carbon fiber bits to come to market, and riding riding riding. I didn't know I would love this bike. I went for it - I love it. I didnt know I would love my first Z either.
wtf

I say, what if I died? What if I chose to not buy this bike? What if I chose rational? What if indeed. Choose to live this day with the life you want. fK all and do what you will and be better man for it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I cant say YOU will love it, but I certainly do.
I retract that statement. Im well over 1000 miles as of today, and I can say without a doubt if you like your Z you will absolutely love the ZH2 holy sht this thing hauls ass! You would not regret buying one i have found no disappointment. It rides like my old Z, on steroids

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Just watching this older 2016 H2 & a ZX10.

Fun starts around 5.43 & fireworks at 7.20.

And you have a 2020!

Watch "2016 Supercharged Kawasaki H2 and Zx-10 Full Power!" on YouTube

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Oh they are different bikes. The Z-H2 is to the H2 what the Z1OOO is to the ZX1O. Geared shorter for more kick, less top speed. Of course, being sans fairing, top speed isnt where the Z lives. Its an urban gorilla, making more torque lower in the R's and more upright position means more comfort, more seat time. The H2 has a lower compression ratio, meaning you can cram more boost (air/fuel) in the chamber making more HP safely. The Z-H2 is already maxed out with 11:8:1 comp, meaning the effective boost PSI that can be applied is already there @200hp. When the brains figure out the ECU there may (should) be more HP to be found, but honestly, I lifted the front shifting into 5th at 100+ and that was with wheelie control on. its fast enough for me, and If I ever think I need more power, I'll turn off the TC. Got 1,200mi so far, and I'm loving it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well, the adjustability of the shock is not in question. It seems that heavier riders get further into the stroke, and have a worse time with it than I do. Im only 190~ lbs with gear so its tolerable. Like I said it's a Z! Shes a rough mistress

21 - 33 of 33 Posts