Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just reading about Yamaha recalling All the R1s they have massive transmission Problems:surprise: as the article put it. Said owners are pretty upset to say the least. Might be a make or break for them. Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Hopefully they're just being responsible and owning up to it. Could be expecting lawsuits to outweigh the costs of recalling it... Can anyone say Ford Pinto?

'03 Z

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You know, even if it all goes 100%. Even if I was assures it was great, this would still bother me. Especially if I still had 46 payments left on the bike. I know I'm an idiot about it, but still.

Plus, Yamaha had a year or 7 to develop this bike. to miss that, really?

·
Registered
446 Posts
You know, even if it all goes 100%. Even if I was assures it was great, this would still bother me. Especially if I still had 46 payments left on the bike. I know I'm an idiot about it, but still.

Plus, Yamaha had a year or 7 to develop this bike. to miss that, really?
That was my thought too... How could Yamaha miss something like this?? Must have cut some corners on parts to save some money or something.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
That was my thought too... How could Yamaha miss something like this?? Must have cut some corners on parts to save some money or something.
Does this maybe demonstrate just why the Japanese are so conservative with what they introduce. I dont think its an accident when a z 1000 and ninja 1000 are new from the ground up and pretty much have no known failure points, or weak spots. Maybe the clutch, but thats not even a kawasaki part ...plus, its fixable.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way BMW did there customer was really something. Had three choices.You could sit tight till fix is ready and a $2500.00 check or ride a loaner with a $1000.00 check. The one I think I would have taken was the buy the bike back at no loss to you! Now that's taking real care of your customers. I'm like rcannon wouldn't feel good about the complete pull down on my brand new bike.:surprise: I'd really have to know the shop and the guy doing it and there habits. Wouldn't let any in my area do it that's For Sure! So I would tell Yamaha they better be willing to pay for transporting it to the shop of my choice also! Sense they aren't giving the choices that BMW did. Feel sorry for anyone in this boat. Great! Day All.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts