Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Ford, here would be my only thing. And why I would buy something else before. Its not been made comfortable, and it does not offer wind protection. If I'm willing to accept that, lets just get the full r1 and a high bar kit. A little more money, but it would include the full electronics and more potential if I liked riding fast.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Wind protection on a naked? We don't need no stinking wind protection!
I seem notice a lot of chatter about wind protection but I have NEVER had an issue with it, and I ride a fairly spirited pace. Maybe it's my 'manly' upper body that keeps me planted :surprise: :dontknow:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It will be an fz-10 stateside as well.which for some reason I actually like the MT name better.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are the pegs on the R1 and MT-10 in the same spot? How about the seat height? If so, I think I would also go the route of bar risers.

That said, there are new and used 2014' Z1000s in my area for 7K and dropping... THAT is hard to beat any way you look at it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:confused::confused::confused:
Ford, here would be my only thing. And why I would buy something else before. Its not been made comfortable, and it does not offer wind protection. If I'm willing to accept that, lets just get the full r1 and a high bar kit. A little more money, but it would include the full electronics and more potential if I liked riding fast.
RC, surprised to see you say you wanted electronics?:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are the pegs on the R1 and MT-10 in the same spot? How about the seat height? If so, I think I would also go the route of bar risers.

That said, there are new and used 2014' Z1000s in my area for 7K and dropping... THAT is hard to beat any way you look at it.
7k? Where are you located?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sold I guess.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts