Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Eh, all 'competition' aside I find it a little boxy. Crazy to see where bike styles are going though. Seems like the mfg's are pushing the envelope and I like that.
I like the light up jacket!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Can anybody on here Out Ride what they have? Well Or think they can! Some I'm sure have had track time and ride pretty dam good, but if your that good then why would you be on here? I would think one of the race teams would be blowing your phone up! So what's this constant mine has more horses than yours thing about? Believe it or not I like what I have, really fast for an older bike but it makes me smile like hell and I think she looks good still. I had several folks with higher dollar stuff at the Gap take time to complement me on my old girl,and start asking about the changes they saw.They are the people I love to visit with as they just like bikes in general. And appreciate what they see I've done. Don't get me wrong the new stuff is always cool! But the horse power numbers have never been a factor in which bike I owned. Two cent! Great day!

·
Registered
362 Posts
jYd I've had other people on the mx forums say the same thing, pro level riders don't hang out on forums blah blah, but in reality, high level competition takes a lot more than just talent, it takes MONEY and lots of it. Racers who win everything they enter get noticed, but just showing up to the gate is expensive, even in mx which is the cheapest form of motorized competition. I know some pro level racers, they hang out on forums :)
That being said, I am one of those people who wants all the power all the time but not because I can use it, because I'm NUTS!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
There really has not been a great reason to upgrade a motorcycle since about 1990. Honestly, the old 250 ninja would carry me as fast as I'm legally allowed to go.

Logic, and real need have never been a part of motorcycle sales here in the usa, uk, or any of the civilized nations.

if its a good bike, and you like it, thats plenty of reason to buy. Scratch the part of it being a good bike. Plenty of bad bikes get sold, too. (insert pic of any orange county chopper)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
jYd I've had other people on the mx forums say the same thing, pro level riders don't hang out on forums blah blah, but in reality, high level competition takes a lot more than just talent, it takes MONEY and lots of it. Racers who win everything they enter get noticed, but just showing up to the gate is expensive, even in mx which is the cheapest form of motorized competition. I know some pro level racers, they hang out on forums :)
That being said, I am one of those people who wants all the power all the time but not because I can use it, because I'm NUTS!!
The money part is why I never got a real chance to do the dirt thing at a higher level so that hasn't change for sure! My Father spent 21yrs in the USAF as an Instructor in air craft engines. So I was around Power all my life growing up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Whoops! I did a quick scan and didn't see it anywhere.

I love my Z but I'm not gunna lie if this came in better colors I would want to take a good look into it. I saw and sat on the gsxs1000 as well and really liked that bike as well. I'm hoping Kawasaki acknowledges the competition and steps up their game, along with better color options bcuz using the same color scheme as 2014 I think was a bad choice.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
thats only in USA for colors.... europe, asia and canada are fine, i doubt MT 10 will arrive in USA.. maybe but i think only canada saw the MT series for north america..
other than colors, kawasaki already upped the game with the bike.. z1000 has its own street engine and not derived from a supersport unlike everybody else..

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sill appears to be a bad *** bike.... if I was in the market I would certainly consider it.. But I love my Z and have no plans to start over on any other bike. It still kills me though that bike manufacturers are still doing the winking headlights. MY OCD is going crazy with this! Turn both on goddamn it! LOL :grin:

3B

·
Registered
73 Posts
thats only in USA for colors.... europe, asia and canada are fine, i doubt MT 10 will arrive in USA.. maybe but i think only canada saw the MT series for north america..
other than colors, kawasaki already upped the game with the bike.. z1000 has its own street engine and not derived from a supersport unlike everybody else..
Exactly! Kawasaki could have easier put the ZX10 engine in. The Z engine is perfect for the bike

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
well except 1st and 2nd gen, then they probably realized they are not doing "the streetfighter" where in europe they strip down damaged sport bikes and converted them to naked ones
i could not think of any manufacturer anymore that did not "de-tune" the supersport engine to make a street bike..
...its not optimal in anything except for urban rides but can manage to go long distance tours, go to unpaved roads, knee dragging, wheelies..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts