Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

2861 - 2880 of 2897 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
She said she has a message for whoever it is and that it was a stupid thing to do.
Got to love the citizen police. I don't agree with riding that way, but a lot of my riding mannerisms could also be criticized. When she saw that she probably started chicken pecking away on her phone while driving and updating her twitter account with a "guess what I just saw!" Which brings me to my story:
Riding home last week traffic was pretty heavy on the four lane road I was on. There was, however room to maneuver between cars. A lot of 10' to 15' spaces between them. According to my video camera, I passed this company truck on the right. There was another car in front of him by a couple of car lengths. There was then about a 10' to 15' gap between that car and the car in front of me. With signals engaged I nonchalantly get over to the right lane and back into the left once I pass the car in front of me. I then get back over into the left lane without cutting anyone off, and here comes the company truck police, who then starts coming over into my lane crowding me into the shoulder. At first I figure I should let it go, but nope. Can't. I get in behind him (he was in the left lane still), huge gap in the right lane so I get back over and ride along side his passenger window going pretty slow and just look at him to see if he'll roll down his window and offer an explanation. He looks at me just smirking nodding, looking down at his seat and nodding again. I think this idiot may have a gun. As soon as I think that there's a loud CRACK and his truck comes to a sudden halt, on account he hit the person in front of him. I gave him two thumbs up and was on my merry way.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
Gotta love karma. I didn't ride today because it was raining when I left the house.

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
I rode in to work today. Met up with my coworker halfway to work so we cruised the rest of the way together. Got on the straight stretch of highway in front of my work and at about 55mph I dropped it into second and yanked the front wheel up. Rode it into third, then sat it down so I could make the turn into work. As I got over in the turn lane I noticed a white SUV with lights in the grille going the other way. He didn't turn the lights on or turn around so I think I'm safe.

Reactions: ash_z1000

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
I ride to work almost every day. I only skip if it's raining.

Look at DAT BOOTY! This was at lunch.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ride to work?
that's like a fantastic last meal before execution. I skip out on work early and go ride! Really only because I use my truck for work, but the red light commuter conga line is a bummer. My wife once forgot some important papers I had to take to her one morning so I jumped at the chance to ride and what a pain that was. 30 minutes away and it took almost an hour! I said holy crap you have to do this everyday? I feel sorry for you.

ps damn it is STILL HOT IN TEXAS

·
Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
I have gotten to where I hate to get in my car. I average about 300 miles a month on it now. I ride the bike everywhere, about 80-90 miles every 2-4 days.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I can't remember the last time I took the car to work. Just experienced some hesitation issues this morning. Hopefully it just needs a plug change since it hasn't been done in a real long time.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yep. Me too, even went down to the titanium bolt supplier to get some linkage bolts in anticipation of the delivery of my nitron r3....

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm averaging almost 300 a week just joyriding. If I had a job where is was just a rural commute id for sure ride, but being metro it sucks. Much easier for me to be content sitting in my truck at green lights I can see but can't move because there's a hundred cars between me and the intersection. On the bike it's like punishment. I can see why bikers in the city lane split.

It's about to rain for three days straight...I may go through some withdrawals

·
Registered
819 Posts
On mine this morning.....weather forecast has black cloud all day but no rain so I thought id chance it....ive gotta go out at lunchtime to the titanium suppliers to change some bolts (for the RSV4) ) The supplier is right in the middle of the city so getting there in the car would be pointless, bike is much easier and in the uk you can lane split anywhere, in fact you can pretty well thread through the traffic wherever you want so it makes the journey on the bike about 15 mins...last time I went in the car...45mins...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sounds like a job for the 525!
Curb hopping and tight travel is the name of the game there. If the bars fit, do it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rode mine to work when I was allowed to park close to the building. Recent changes now mandate all employees park at the far end of the lot (retail location). I'm not going to park my new bike where it can no longer be seen. The Ninja 650R, will now become the regular ride, as it's five years older, and worth much less.

A great weekend to all, suppose to rain here. tomp

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sounds like a job for the 525!
Curb hopping and tight travel is the name of the game there. If the bars fit, do it!
Yeah... If it was ready... Mate was over last night sorting out the front (behind the light), that and under the seat.... Then im good to go....

·
Registered
398 Posts
I haven't ridden now in maybe two full, if not three weeks. We have relocated to the NW region of the US. Bike is in storage until we can close on our new house. So many places to ride around here. Bike will no longer be used for commuting, so I reckon I won't be riding anywhere close to what I was before.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Off today, but rode around town, running to the bank and just around, enjoying the cooler weather.

Brian, hope you enjoy your new locale, suppose to be beautiful up there, tp

2861 - 2880 of 2897 Posts