Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I noticed a whine through the gears ( all of them, and you can only hear it when in gear for example when I push in the clutch it stops and starts again when I release the clutch), after a research I found that's maybe the bearing behind the front sprocket. Is there a guide to dig into that bearing? Do I need to take out the entire engine?also about 4-5k km now I changed the chain and when the chain was out I checked the sprocket for play and it didn't have any. If my shaft bearing was worn normally I should have some play on the sprocket right? Or even with a worn shaft bearing the sprocket doesnt have play? Thank you all for your time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
engine out and split to get the bearing replaced, they usually wear out by overtighted chain, i would examine it very closely before deciding to replace it, does it whine when the clutch is pulled in anmd its coasting, are you sure its not clutch related ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
engine out and split to get the bearing replaced, they usually wear out by overtighted chain, i would examine it very closely before deciding to replace it, does it whine when the clutch is pulled in anmd its coasting, are you sure its not clutch related ?
You can hear the whine continually as you ride , all the time the only time it stops is when I pull the clutch in to change the gears , when release it the whine starts again,it starts at 3rd gear and all the way up to 6th( all of them 3,4,5,6) . And the other thing I read about is that a bad sprocket bearing cause the chain to act like an unadjusted chain and clunks on swingarm hard in every bump. That's what I ve got ,first it was the clunk of the chain ( no matter how I adjusted it it was the same clunk)and now the whining. But again if it was the sprocket bearing why stops when I'm pulling the clutch in ? The sprocket it's still spinning it should normally continue to whine . Can someone figure out anything out of this ? A clutch that doesnt engage all the way can produce whine?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can hear the whine continually as you ride , all the time the only time it stops is when I pull the clutch in to change the gears , when release it the whine starts again,it starts at 3rd gear and all the way up to 6th( all of them 3,4,5,6) . And the other thing I read about is that a bad sprocket bearing cause the chain to act like an unadjusted chain and clunks on swingarm hard in every bump. That's what I ve got ,first it was the clunk of the chain ( no matter how I adjusted it it was the same clunk)and now the whining. But again if it was the sprocket bearing why stops when I'm pulling the clutch in ? The sprocket it's still spinning it should normally continue to whine . Can someone figure out anything out of this ? A clutch that doesnt engage all the way can produce whine?
Anyone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts