Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading this article and think i’m would like to start doing some recording of my trips. don’t know a thing about which product are any good. seems like battery life is a big issue. running out of camera power halfway during the ride would suck.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I always carry extra batteries in a ziplockbag with my insurance and title. I have seen people modifying their go pro cases to fit a charging cable. Diwnside is , its not waterproof anymore. Other cameras i coulndt give you any tips.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just use the cheap chinese HD1080p cameras in case I go down. But I usually use them to see how something is reacting on the bike under certain conditions. Picture is OK but the built in mic works surprisingly well. Yes. Extra batteries are a must!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
where is the best place to mount the camera? i was thinking about mounting off the mirror bolt with an adapter. i’m also considering a side helmet mount. i assume i want the camera to be mounted horizontally perfect as much as possible. any suggestions and pics of how you did yours is appreciated. also, do i need any editing software? i want to be able to add music over the video.

Aluminum Motorcycle Rearview Mirror Mount Holder Motorcycle Fixed Holder Mount for Gopro Hero 9/8/7/6/5 Black,YI,AKASO,SJCAM,DJI Osmo Action Cameras - Perfect Motorcycle Sports Camera Holder Bracket Amazon.com: Aluminum Motorcycle Rearview Mirror Mount Holder Motorcycle Fixed Holder Mount for Gopro Hero 9/8/7/6/5 Black,YI,AKASO,SJCAM,DJI Osmo Action Cameras - Perfect Motorcycle Sports Camera Holder Bracket

GoPro Helmet Front + Side Mount (All GoPro Cameras) - Official GoPro Mount Amazon.com : GoPro Helmet Front + Side Mount (All GoPro Cameras) - Official GoPro Mount : Camera & Photo

·
Administrator
383 Posts
Depending on which helmet you have, the GoPro helmet mounts probably won't fit that well. I have my GoPro on the chin of my Shoei and went with the RideTech mount (ridetechmoto.com) and like it. There's also chinmounts.com but I don't care for the look when not using the camera. You could also go the DIY route to make the stock part fit, there're a bunch of videos on YouTube. Here's one

Reactions: zee monkey

·
Registered
218 Posts
Depending on which helmet you have, the GoPro helmet mounts probably won't fit that well. I have my GoPro on the chin of my Shoei and went with the RideTech mount (ridetechmoto.com) and like it. There's also chinmounts.com but I don't care for the look when not using the camera. You could also go the DIY route to make the stock part fit, there're a bunch of videos on YouTube. Here's one
i was reading this article and think i’m would like to start doing some recording of my trips. don’t know a thing about which product are any good. seems like battery life is a big issue. running out of camera power halfway during the ride would suck.

I use a Yi lite camera, chin mount, Sugru to bond it, 1080p looks good on my Tv. Zero track days, just for shits and giggles and to show the wife when gone for hours......

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
did you have to buy a separate mic and install it in your helmet if you want to record vocal audio, or can that be added later during the video editing? or, does the regular camera mic work good enough? also, does anyone use the chest mount? sorry for the newb camera questions. kinda getting excited as this should be a lot of fun.

GoPro Performance Chest Mount (All GoPro Cameras) - Official GoPro Mount Amazon.com : GoPro Performance Chest Mount (All GoPro Cameras) - Official GoPro Mount : Camera & Photo

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
found the RAM catalog. i didn’t realize they made so many mounts.

·
Registered
218 Posts
did you have to buy a separate mic and install it in your helmet if you want to record vocal audio, or can that be added later during the video editing? or, does the regular camera mic work good enough? also, does anyone use the chest mount? sorry for the newb camera questions. kinda getting excited as this should be a lot of fun.

GoPro Performance Chest Mount (All GoPro Cameras) - Official GoPro Mount Amazon.com : GoPro Performance Chest Mount (All GoPro Cameras) - Official GoPro Mount : Camera & Photo
to get good audio i used a tascam recorder and purple panda mic, then put audio/vid together in a free editing program. I still run the camera when riding but don't care about making good vids. I just dabbled for a bit. About $200 ish altogether 3 years ago if memory serves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts