Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Mine has Rotella 15W-40 in it now. I may do one more change with that then I'll be using Amsoil 10W-40.

I ran Mobil 1 Racing 4T in my last bike and I'd use it again but the I got the Amsoil a little cheaper.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I was running Kawi 20/50 changing @ every 2k miles, 15/40 Caterpillar DEO changing @ every 2k miles, I am currently running Pennzoil 10-40. I have always ran the FRAM 7317 spin-on. 2003 Z1K; 27.3k miles, and counting.......

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've run motul 300v in my last...

3 bikes and was going to switch over to 300v on my 2011 ninja at 1500 miles give ot take. This is the first bike I've owned with catalytic converters. I read where 300v is ok with cats, but I might use 7100 instead.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've noticed it. For that matter just changing the oil helps the shifting but as the oil shears down it gradually deteriorates. The synthetics tend to go a little longer before that happens.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I like changing the oil every 2k miles and if I ran syn oils; changing oil every 2k miles would be throwing away money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A test bike a zx10R i think had the original oil in it for 30,000 miles and it still worked. HP was down on HP but the bike still worked. I think that says alot about these bikes. just saying.

·
Registered
519 Posts
A test bike a zx10R i think had the original oil in it for 30,000 miles and it still worked. HP was down on HP but the bike still worked. I think that says alot about these bikes. just saying.

Thats crazy, who ever owns that bike needs to be kicked in the n*ts!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Thats crazy, who ever owns that bike needs to be kicked in the n*ts!
THIS.

Also:
Shake,
I am not saying that the oil breaks down, but where do you think the little clutch particles that are suspended in your oil go? They are "lubricating" your cylinder walls, and everything else. The longer you leave the same oil in there; the more particles you have suspended in your motor oil....Just sayin'

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was just pointing out that when people change oil every 2k/3k miles your just wasting money. These bikes get 100k miles with just normal up keep. That proves it. I really need to find that mag that did that article. I can't right now because I am off shore. It just goes to show that you will crash it or sell it before it ever becomes a problem. But I am like you guys I change it every 4k miles. just to make me "feel" better.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I was just pointing out that when people change oil every 2k/3k miles your just wasting money. These bikes get 100k miles with just normal up keep. That proves it. I really need to find that mag that did that article. I can't right now because I am off shore. It just goes to show that you will crash it or sell it before it ever becomes a problem. But I am like you guys I change it every 4k miles. just to make me "feel" better.
I am not wasting my money changing at every 2,000 miles. If you would like to have 4000 miles of clutch particulates floating around suspended in the oil that lubricates your bikes cylinder walls and rod bearings.....Not me 2000 miles is enough for me. I changed it @ 4k once, and it was black, smelled fuelly, and I just don't want that in a bike I DEPEND on everday.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts