Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi every one! im about to change my tires next week, and i wanna buy valve stems before hand . the manual doesnt give you the size:dontknow: just trying to be on a safe side thanks! its a z1000 2003..

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I would think there all the same on sport bike wheels.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi every one! im about to change my tires next week, and i wanna buy valve stems before hand . the manual doesnt give you the size:dontknow: just trying to be on a safe side thanks! its a z1000 2003..

Are you doing the work yourself ? If not, the dealer you have change them out should have valve stems for it....I think they're a standardized item (all are 1 size)....I have never changed my stems with any of the bikes I have owned including my Z....If it's not leaking or dry rotted it should be fine...I
happen to also be lucky enough to have a tire machine where I work to change my own and use Dyna Beads to balance them.....Saves me alot $$

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a bunch!! i ended up just purchasing one at dealers for 75 cents! but spraking of dyno beads, did you try them at high speeds? im about to go to the track, im talking about 140 miles and up..?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I rarely get over 100 mph....I have found though that my tires don't scallop at all with dyna-beads...versus lead wheel weights, and I would think at higher speeds would be more stable....all you can do is try them for yourself and make your own decision

·
Registered
752 Posts
THis is just FYI only, guys: Valve stems come in at least two different sizes for motorcycles. 8.3mm and 11.3mm. The only reason I know this is because I was looking at a set of 90* valve stems - they make it easier to get that big chuck and the gas station onto the valve stem to put air in the tires...and I had to choose between those two sizes. I ended up not ordering them, as I was in the same boat as Arthur here - wasnt sure what size they are on the 2010 Z.

Live and learn. :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
*big chuck AT the gas station....my bad!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts