Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon-

Unfortunately, I'll be selling my 2003 z1000. Would love some guidance on setting a fair price. Bike is stock with the exception of a fender eliminator. 5019mi, garaged all it's life located in CT. Any insight would be appreciated.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

· Registered
472 Posts
5k mile first gens are starting to become extremely rare. $5000 is pretty much the bare minimum for a well sorted bike low mileage bike like yours, at least here in SoCal.

I would either hold onto it, as I see it's value rising if anything in the very near future, or put it on IconicMotorBikes auctions, should fetch over to on 5k there...

· Registered
538 Posts
In the UK I see folk asking crazy money because they've heard the gen 1 is collectable. It's ok to ask,but I don't see them getting what they ask.

Yours is a fine unmolested example,so in theory should be the type a collector desires.

· Registered
538 Posts
18 years later, I still haven't seen a bike past or present that looks as good. My opinion.
Kawasaki were on a roll back then,just coming out of the design doldrums. I always thought my 04 ZX10R looked far better than any of the later bikes,even though they may perform in a superior way.

I'd put the Z1000 gen 1 and the ZX10R gen 1 in the same classic bracket.

· Registered
2 Posts
Buena tarde-

Desafortunadamente, venderé mi 2003 z1000. Me encantaría alguna orientación sobre cómo establecer un precio justo. La bicicleta es original con la excepción de un eliminador de guardabarros. 5019mi, estacionado en garaje toda su vida ubicado en CT. Cualquier idea sería apreciada. View attachment 85938 amo esa moto , ya la vendiste ? Yo la quiero

· Registered
53 Posts
Because it’s low miles and clean I’d say 3500-5000. USD. The bike markets still kind of crazy but honestly these weren’t the most popular bike and given it’s age you have a small pool of people actually looking for one of these but a larger pool of riders looking for cheaper larger capacity sporty type bikes. Same reason old cbrs sell like hot cakes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts