Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've considered selling it, but honestly I don't think it's worth squat anymore since many prospective buyers are afraid of purchasing any bike over 20K miles...
It's a 2010. Completely stock. Cans have been powder coated. Bike has never been laid down. There are scrapes on one can from getting too close to my house when trying to maneuver it out of the garage. The gas tank does have rock chips and as you can see the wind screen needs some love. It is a commuter bike. No stunts and I don't even know how to do a proper burnout on a bike. Valves were just serviced and new front fork seals last summer. Oil, sprockets and chain have been faithfully replaced.
Pics:

Still has the same performance and MPG it always ever had...

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you're just looking to get "some" cash for it, it's a great candidate for a project bike for some street fighter guys I know. Consider posting on Custom Fighters - Streetfighter & Custom Motorcycle Forum & Blog | Custom Fighters. A lot of those guys aren't afraid of mileage because they are going to mod the hell out of it anyways... Sorry for posting on a forum about another forum, but wanted to throw the idea out there for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Are you planning to replace it with something different? Mine's only at 42k, and I don't see any other Z1000s on the local craigslist with even half that, so I'm betting I wouldn't be able to convince anyone to give me more than about $3k for it. I'd list mine for about $3500, I think.

I feel like mine is worth way more to me riding it than anyone would want to give me for it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking on it a lot during the winter, but have since changed my mind now that I'm able to ride again. I was more curious than anything. I mean it's paid for, it still rides like a dream, has all the power I need and still looks relatively decent.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That's essentially where I am too. I haven't ridden anything that's better enough to be worth the money. Mine's paid for this month, and I'm very excited about that.

Also, a new windscreen and rear saddle should run you like $100 together on ebay, if they bother you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Put some money into her and she can look like a million bucks again! Don't let some newbie pick her up on craigslist and crash her into a ditch! A story that is a far too common unfortunately....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought mine, a 2010 mostly stock but with motodynamic fender eliminator and LED sequential light for $3500 cash. Owner needed cash to buy house. Bike had 12000 miles and very minor paint chip otherwise looks new.

Personally, I'd pay less than $2000 for anybike that have over 60000 because it's a gamble as most engine parts will be worn despite not showing any problems at the moment. I'd say just keep on ridding till it falls apart if you are not in dire need of cash.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I disagree on the worn engine parts thing as long as it's well maintained, but I do understand where you are coming from. Now that riding season is here I have no intention on selling. Am just more curious than anything. I'll most likely ride this thing until the cost doesn't justify the means.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Bought mine, a 2010 mostly stock but with motodynamic fender eliminator and LED sequential light for $3500 cash. Owner needed cash to buy house. Bike had 12000 miles and very minor paint chip otherwise looks new.

Personally, I'd pay less than $2000 for anybike that have over 60000 because it's a gamble as most engine parts will be worn despite not showing any problems at the moment. I'd say just keep on ridding till it falls apart if you are not in dire need of cash.
Damn, that's a good deal. I'd expect if the seller wasn't in such a pinch, they would have wanted at least $1000 more.

I disagree on the worn engine parts thing as long as it's well maintained, but I do understand where you are coming from. Now that riding season is here I have no intention on selling. Am just more curious than anything. I'll most likely ride this thing until the cost doesn't justify the means.
Agreed on the engine parts angle. Modern engines just don't wear out as fast as many people think they do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts