Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my first streetbike was a 1984 honda nighthawk 700s. got it in 1990. i was 18 years old. it had 4k miles on it when i got it for $1500. rode it for 2 years & sold it for $1200. it had 38k miles on it when i sold it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had a 1985 Honda Magna 500 as my first street bike. I loved that bike...

I was still in high school at the time when I got that one, bought it off another guy that graduated and went into the military (I joined him a couple years later). I miss that bike though. My mother made me sell it because a family member got killed on his bike (because he road like a moron everywhere he went). I got to keep the bike for all of about 8 months or so before my mother threatened to kick me out of the house if I kept it, lol.

To this day she doesn't even know that I have a bike, well she kind of knows about it but I don't ride it to her house ever much less talk about it.... lol.

EDIT: adding a picture

http://www.cyclechaos.com/images/0/05/1985_vf500c_magna1.jpg

I had the champagne colored one, granted it wasn't as shinny and nice as the one in the photo but it still worked rather well.

·
Super Moderator
3,337 Posts
1979 Suzuki GS425ES

Not a picture of mine but is the same color.

·
Registered
977 Posts
1988 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600 I bought for $500 the summer I graduated high school. It needed a motor and some tlc. I ended up painted it a couple years ago. Still sitting in a friends tent garage but it's got to go soon.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heres a pic of a pic of my first streetbike.

·
Super Moderator
3,337 Posts
heres a pic of a pic of my first streetbike.
I had a new one in 1984....thats a NightHawk S, mine was the blue and black.

I blew the engine at 5000 miles and Honda took it in on trade for a new 1985 700 Inteceptor.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I added a photo of what mine used to look like in my prior post. I wish I would have had a camera back then.

I do want to get another one one day and restore it, just for the nostalgia aspect of things.

·
Super Moderator
3,337 Posts
Man I hope you are ready for this:
1984 Honda VF1000R(the picture is of a 1985 model which had twin headlights vs the single rectangle unit in '84)

I hate you!

·
Registered
343 Posts
My first, and bike I just sold, was a '99 Kawasaki ninja zx-7r.
Bought in '06 with just under 6k miles for $3000, sold last month with about 22k miles.
If it wasn't for reliability issues i would have kept it along with the Zed.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My z on the left and my 1998 CBR 600 on the right. It had a salvage title when I bought it with 18000 miles for 1400$. Had it for a year and a half and sold it this last April with 20,000 miles for 1500$. I regret selling it and I miss it. It took my street bike virginity. Haha

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
My first bike was my 2006 Kawasaki ZZR 600. Bought new in September 2005. I converted her over to a street fighter and I still enjoy her today, almost eight years and 50,000 miles later.

From this (here it had a few mods).

To this.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts