Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Larry and I have been looking at the Zed for a little bit now and I may pull the trigger.
I already have a bike and title to it but want something a little faster and lighter. I currently have a 2009 Road King Classic.
I am going to trade it if they give me a fair price for my bike and for a 2011 Zed
Today he thinks he cannot come close to a fair value for my bike (told him I would take no less then $14,800 which is less then I could sell outright and his offer for the Z100 was 11,230. Should I mess with selling outright but then loose what I gain due to tax's when I buy a new one?
I think it is too much for the end of the year and know he has room to work. He said he was oging to get back to me but did not seam that intersted.
I think I should try and find another dealer bu not sure how far another is away from me that has them :dontknow:
Thoughts on his price please.
I did find a thread about 9400 from NYC and 11,300 elsewhere. My thought is no more than 10,200 but am I unrealistic?

Thanks in advance :eek:ccasion:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I would keep working on them... and check your KBB on ur HD sell for close to that private party, you never get good trade value on stuff.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would keep working on them... and check your KBB on ur HD sell for close to that private party, you never get good trade value on stuff.
Thanks alot for the KBB advice, good stuff :eek:ccasion: I really do want one just not willing to take a blood bath to get it you know.

Thanks again

·
Registered
575 Posts
Where are you located. I ask because that seems rather high for a 2011 z1000. It is end of the season here in NY, and while I was picking up my bike for its first service, my dealer offered me a brand new zx6r for $3k off sticker.

·
Registered
733 Posts
^kawi is doing a deal on the 6r's, down to 9995. Did the dealer offer you lower than that? For 6 g's, I would be walking out the door with a 6R, lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in Castle Rock Colorado, about 35 minutes south of Denver. I sent another dealer an e-mail last night but I am traveling for the week so I am not around to do any other looking.

It is tempting to just call NYC and ship one and it would still be cheaper but then I have 2 bikes :eek:

I guess that is why I ask about prices because it is the end of the year. Couple more months and I will just wait for a 2012 :thumbsup: so you would think they would jump on someone that could walk out the door with a bike.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I live in Castle Rock Colorado, about 35 minutes south of Denver. I sent another dealer an e-mail last night but I am traveling for the week so I am not around to do any other looking.

It is tempting to just call NYC and ship one and it would still be cheaper but then I have 2 bikes :eek:

I guess that is why I ask about prices because it is the end of the year. Couple more months and I will just wait for a 2012 :thumbsup: so you would think they would jump on someone that could walk out the door with a bike.
if u wait a little longer u might get a better deal but im sure they wont give u any where near what u want for ur bike or what its worth

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so what if I go in the other direction. When do the 2012 hit the floor if I am not going to see a deal on the 2011?
And have you hear good things about them? I have not seen much yet but have not looked much either.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Thanks alot for the KBB advice, good stuff :eek:ccasion: I really do want one just not willing to take a blood bath to get it you know.

Thanks again
I completely understand that. I always check Kelley Blue Book prices and prices for NADA guides.... then find a happy medium between the two. I believe selling outright is the way to go, and if you can do it sooner than later thats great, because you can work a better deal in the of season for a new bike, but its harder to get what you want out of yours coming up to the end of the season as well. It is a double edged sword....:dontknow:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, I feel the dubble edge already. One guy offered me $13k for mine, there is no way I could tradi it in for that and feel good about what I just did. If that is the case I will just keep mine and run it :cool:

It is a great cruiser, just no speed :(

Maybe it is time for a tuner and intake :dontknow: I just don't think it will be fast enough for me no matter what I do.

Thanks for the replies guys :eek:ccasion:

·
Registered
575 Posts
^kawi is doing a deal on the 6r's, down to 9995. Did the dealer offer you lower than that? For 6 g's, I would be walking out the door with a 6R, lol.
$6900 (did not inquire as to additional fees for actual OTD price bc I am not in the market for a zx6r).
However, I bought 2 bikes this year already, so he may just be making nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well lets see what happens. I placed my bike up on Craigs list so we will see if I can get a Zed in the future of not ;)

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
good luck. hope u can sell it for what u want 2 get out of it so u can get a zed

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Do you have to have a 2011? Hagar Kawasaki in Rock hill, SC has a 2010 orange and white for 8,999.00 New :2cents:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you have to have a 2011? Hagar Kawasaki in Rock hill, SC has a 2010 orange and white for 8,999.00 New :2cents:

Not sure if you are talking to me or not but I am in Colorado. So a little far from there however good to know about the price.

I am actually hopeing to just sell mine on craigs list then I can just wait for the 2012 and be picky about my price with cash :cool: We will see how that goes though :confused:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Seems like the Z's are really picking up in the USA, I mean you can get a Zx-6R for 3g's under msrp, but a Z, seems like you almost have to pay full price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seems like the Z's are really picking up in the USA, I mean you can get a Zx-6R for 3g's under msrp, but a Z, seems like you almost have to pay full price.
They must be because I went to another dealer today, talked to the salesman a bit, told him what I was looking for with a trade in and what I was thinking to pay for the bike. When I left he said he would call me with some numbers after looking at my bike and I got nothing :dontknow: not one phone call.

If this keeps up I may just keep my bike :rolleyes:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hey man if a pound of gold costs a million bucks, than it costs a million bucks.

If 450ish pounds of Z1000(one of the most practical, funniest, way more than you could ever need on the street, motorcycles available) costs msrp, than it costs msrp, lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts