·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit 170mph by my speedo 2007 z1000

·
Registered
73 Posts
You guys are pretty insane. Not really my top speed but the fastest I've ever seen someone on a bike is my friend hitting 180mph in his bike. Blew by all of us like we were standing still and I was already doing 150mph.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
It should be noted that the speedometers on these bikes are pretty inaccurate. On my 06 Z1000, at an indicated 145mph on a short run, the GPS recorded 132 mph. Highest I've seen on mine was 155mph(indicated), but I'm no light weight either. I installed a speedo healer to make it spot on.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It should be noted that the speedometers on these bikes are pretty inaccurate. On my 06 Z1000, at an indicated 145mph on a short run, the GPS recorded 132 mph. Highest I've seen on mine was 155mph(indicated), but I'm no light weight either. I installed a speedo healer to make it spot on.
Dose the speedo healer stay accurate at top speed

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hit 170mph by my speedo 2007 z1000
Question: I've had my new 2010 Z1000 for a week and I love it. The thing is that on 6th gear and over 80mph it feels and sounds to me like if I have to shift again to ease the engine, but I am already on 6th. Is it me? I had a Suzuki 2000 naked SV650 for five years which I traded in when I got the Z. Am I missing something? I appologize if I am posting in the wrong message board. Thanks!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Question: I've had my new 2010 Z1000 for a week and I love it. The thing is that on 6th gear and over 80mph it feels and sounds to me like if I have to shift again to ease the engine, but I am already on 6th. Is it me? I had a Suzuki 2000 naked SV650 for five years which I traded in when I got the Z. Am I missing something? I appologize if I am posting in the wrong message board. Thanks!
Well, if youre missing something, it might be the break-in instructions on your new bike!!!

Nothing wrong with taking it up to 80mph in top gear - I just wouldnt be doing it for sustained periods of time (like, droning down the freeway at 80mph...you are supposed to fluctuate speeds/rpms to properly break in the motor. Never run it at any constant rpm for longer than a few minutes without fluctuating rpms.)

Ive now got 2800 miles on my 2010. At 85mph, I find myself occasionally looking for another gear. Nature of the beast, I guess....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I Have been 168 (on speedo) bouncing off rev limiter, several occassions. Had my wife on board at 150 for a moment. But the fastest my 04 did was my insane freind behind me on my Z, me on his Monster CBR casually running along at 171 ( on speedo ) when he drafts me and passes me speedo said 174.:eek: No one wants to believe that these machines are capable of these speeds, we have both been told by many "Pro's" that we are full of it. and maybe the speedo is off by 25mph I don't know. But I have not pushed it like that in a long time to much risk.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I Have been 168 (on speedo) bouncing off rev limiter, several occassions. Had my wife on board at 150 for a moment. But the fastest my 04 did was my insane freind behind me on my Z, me on his Monster CBR casually running along at 171 ( on speedo ) when he drafts me and passes me speedo said 174.:eek: No one wants to believe that these machines are capable of these speeds, we have both been told by many "Pro's" that we are full of it. and maybe the speedo is off by 25mph I don't know. But I have not pushed it like that in a long time to much risk.
on the dyno my bike toped out at 150mph thats 80 mph over the speed limit

·
Registered
86 Posts
Been 130 +/- on the new Z with a full tank of fuel and my fat butt on board...:eek: If the ol lady finds out...I'm toast!!! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
143 was my top speed on the 2010 Z1000. I agree it feels like it needs a "7th" gear when cruising on the highway. Might change up the sprockets for a taller setup next chain.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
On my Z, I've gotten to maybe 110? Im just past 2500 miles so I'm still taking it easy.

I pushed my R1 up to speedometer reading 187 and GPS was 180 I believe. The engine had a little more room to go too. Scary thinking about it now though - will never do it again.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
568 Posts
Bounced off rev-limiter in 6th on my old 2004 ZX-10r. Indicated 189mph then got passed by a highly modded GSX-R 1000.

Currently hit 128mph while merging into traffic. But that's it.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts