Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
in the latest issue this is the second time they bring up too much vibration in the 2010 - 2011 Z1000 engine. WTF what are they compairing it to a singer sewing machine ?????
They did the same thing with the 2003..... and then when they reviewed the '07+

....they are track bike pushers.:2cents:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Bike magazines love Euro bikes just like car magazines love Euro cars. It's all that soul and character BS.

Failing BMW final drives = Character.
$2000+ Ducati fuel tanks melting = Character.
Triumphs costing more than a Z but having worse performance = Soul.

:rolleyes:

That said, my Ninja isn't the smoothest thing in the world. It has noticeably more vibration than my old Concours and that bike wasn't all that smooth. It's not a show stopper but it's probably high on the vibration scale compared to most modern bikes.

Motorcyclist picked the N1K as their bike of the year so they got one thing right anyway.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am not a motorcycle expert but i am a car expert. been in the auto repair biz for over 37 years. euro cars like their motorcycles are not as reliable or cheep to operate as a SAY toyota. you want reliable and smart engenering japan did it right a long time ago. the first cars i worked on from japan was in 1975. i worked at a buick dealer thay sold OPEL from germany. a piece of crap if their ever was one. they were lucky to make it out of the parking lot under their own power after repairs. well in 1975 they used the opel name on cars from japan. i think they were from isuzu. i did the PDI [ pre deliery inspection ]on all of the 1975 cars. i never found one problem with them and not one came back to the dealer EVER. that sold me on japan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts