Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys!

I am to replace my stock pipes with Akra slipons.
I know I am about to encounter the removal of the servo motor or "EXUP" as some call it.

These cables, under the seat mount from the top going down to the right exhaust pipe, have to be removed upon installing aftermarket pipes, whether slipon or full system.

And I have read that removing these cables and servo motor will not affect in any way the bike's performance.

But I really do not have an idea on the real function of this servo motor which is attached to the exhaust pipe? Can anyone give me an insight on this?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Without understanding all the details, I took my pipes off & installed the IXIL SX1 along with a $65 Device called a Servo Buddy with Cyclegear that eliminates error codes.

Works perfect!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without understanding all the details, I took my pipes off & installed the IXIL SX1 along with a $65 Device called a Servo Buddy with Cyclegear that eliminates error codes.

Works perfect!
Your bike must be in the most perfect riding condition, Doc! You have lots of accessories on it. I envy you! I do not have those accessories here, sad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The servo system is there to produce "stable power at low and middle engine speed" according to the owners manual. In fact it's a valve in your right exhaust pipe that is closed at idle speed and opens when you accelerate. You 'll have no problem if you take the cables and the motor off, just put a servo buddy as Doc said , i bought mine on ebay for 25$ and works fine

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you you arr going to get your ecu flashed, your tuner should be able to eliminate it aswell.

Then you dont a servo buddy at all.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Not adding the Servo Buddy wasn't an option.

My exhaust is a Full System & I am not that good a rider to spend the money to have it flashed & be able to use the few extra horsepower.

Thank you, its my Dream Bike after 43 years of riding (on the road that is), since I am being cremated this is the money I would have wasted going 0-0mph underground.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When i buy goodies for my bike or car i prefer European or US sellers with high positive rate and never leave feedback till i am sure the item is working for refund reasons. Till now never bought something that came broken or non functional and believe me i bought lots.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep, im from Greece. It depends Doc, i wait till i find the best price and i try to get goddies from auctions when they come from the US, this way i pay less in custom taxes. From EU the postage are not expensive and surely i pay less than i buy them from Greece. Here the government believes that motorcycling is a kind of hobby and rider or bike gear is expensive.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi, guys!

I am to replace my stock pipes with Akra slipons.
I know I am about to encounter the removal of the servo motor or "EXUP" as some call it.

I have read that removing these cables and servo motor will not affect in any way the bike's performance.
You dont need to remove the motor, just disconnect the cables. Also, if you are only changing the cans and leaving the cat you may actually feel the bike is softer off the bottom. The stock mufflers w/ servo doors work very well for low end power. Once you get over 3k it’s negligible. It will sound better though, but don’t expect to feel more power.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
But when you go to resell your bike, do they have to inspect the pipes & emissions that they are standard?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You dont need to remove the motor, just disconnect the cables. Also, if you are only changing the cans and leaving the cat you may actually feel the bike is softer off the bottom. The stock mufflers w/ servo doors work very well for low end power. Once you get over 3k it’s negligible. It will sound better though, but don’t expect to feel more power.
Hi, 2Wheels!

This is good info. I will have to look for that loss of power under the 3k mark. Thanks for this, brother!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But when you go to resell your bike, do they have to inspect the pipes & emissions that they are standard?
Here in my country, we have those emission standard check on all vehcicles. However, I have not experienced any inquiry on such emission standards from all my buyers of my bikes. They just simply ride the bike, hear the roar, and pay me in cash, and off he goes. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts