Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m looking for an aftermarket shock for my 2016 Z 1000. Possibly in Ohlins or Nitron or Maxton another reputable brand.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found it to be a rock. I’m about 2 1/2 turns out on the rebound adjustment and I rotated the spanner nuts 2 revolutions on the shock. This is helped a little but it’s a pretty harsh ride my opinion. For now I think I’m gonna drop the rear tire pressure by two psi. That should help soften the ride a little.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah iv also wound the rebound screw out at least 2 turn

how you looked into a softer spring? Would work out a lot cheaper than a shock

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I read so far everyone says a custom shock/spring with aftermarket valve is a way to go. If you do a search under Nitron. You’ll find a lot of good postings on this. Here’s a really good one I found so far. It is an older posting and there are more shock options out now but so far I’m looking at either an ohlins or a nitron if I have to buy a new. Maxton is good but they don’t sell here in the US.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I don’t know anything about the HyperPro brand other than I think a few people on this forum do use them. What was recommended to me was to go with a shock supplier that offers good service. I was told that shocks do need to be serviced every so often change out the oil and the valve internals overtime eventually we’re down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts