Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first of all , i never run the bike to the limits(maybe "clogged" and need to "open up" because i never run it) and also the air filter is in bad condition, i push the bike a little the other day and noticed that in every gear when going 7000-8000 and up the bike-engine vibrating a lot. The new filter is on its way, and im guessing the filter is the problem, that the bike needs more air to mix and cant get it but i dont know :/ does anybody have a clue? :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't know how much you feel it. Mine does vibrate north of 6k rpm.

7000-8000 is not cruising rpm so usually you get in that area only for some seconds (unless you do track)! It doesn't bother me at all

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how much you feel it. Mine does vibrate north of 6k rpm.

7000-8000 is not cruising rpm so usually you get in that area only for some seconds (unless you do track)! It doesn't bother me at all
hello my friend , if it's normal it doesn't bother me. But it's the first time I did more than 8rpm so it's the first time I felt it. What's why I worried.

·
Registered
117 Posts
How mush vibration are we talking about ? If it's more of a buzz it's probably normal. The Z isn't the smoothest engine around. If it's enough to feel through the pegs or puts your hands to sleep, check torque on all the engine mount bolts and exhaust.

Mad

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How mush vibration are we talking about ? If it's more of a buzz it's probably normal. The Z isn't the smoothest engine around. If it's enough to feel through the pegs or puts your hands to sleep, check torque on all the engine mount bolts and exhaust.

Mad
The vibration i have at the pegs is from the chain(it needs replace),at kawasaki they told that the vibration i have is normal, can you please tell me where are the engine mount bolts so i can check them out? Check the parts here
https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/l/kaw/500b8360f8700223e479975a/2010-z1000-zr1000daf-parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts