Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum, hopefully I posted in the right place. Also english is not my first language so it’s possible I make some mistakes here and there.

So I recently bought a Z1000 from 2019 and it really is a beautiful machine. I absolutely love it. I always modify/tune my vehicles and it’s already itching to start on this bike. The only modification right now is Akrapovic slip ons.

The bike rides really nice, only thing I notice is the jerking/bumpy feeling when I release the throttle at low speeds. I also have quite some backfires from the exhaust.

My question for you guys is what performance mods are the best for this bike and in which order should I do them.

I was thinking to do a flash, quick shifter, Akrapovic headers, power commander, steel brake lines, K&N filter. Let me know what opinions you guys have.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

· Registered
538 Posts
Hi and welcome DH. Sweet bike man.

The first thing I'd do is bin the budget rear shock,a decent shock and an overall suspension set up will make a great difference. The forks aren't the worst ever,so it's a personal thing whether you want to improve in that area. I have a K-Tech cartridge kit fitted,which gives a lot more adjustability to get exactly what I wanted.

When I junked the cat on mine,I had it set up on the dyno and flashed using Woolich software. The throttle response make the bike a joy to ride,so smooth and no snatchy throttle after the fuel cut delete. The dyno showed the bike to be running lean for most of the rev range and rich at the very top end,the flash sorted this too.

Some folk do an airbox mod to chase more horses,I didn't really care about the numbers,more about the rideability. I did fit a Pipercross air filter before the flash.

Regarding quickshifters,you'll get divided opinion. Some have had a quickshifter and troublefree miles,others have had gearbox problems,particularly a wrecked 4th gear. Whether this is down to a QS or just the chocolate gearbox in the Zed,I don't know.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum, hopefully I posted in the right place. Also english is not my first language so it’s possible I make some mistakes here and there.

So I recently bought a Z1000 from 2019 and it really is a beautiful machine. I absolutely love it. I always modify/tune my vehicles and it’s already itching to start on this bike. The only modification right now is Akrapovic slip ons.

The bike rides really nice, only thing I notice is the jerking/bumpy feeling when I release the throttle at low speeds. I also have quite some backfires from the exhaust.

My question for you guys is what performance mods are the best for this bike and in which order should I do them.

I was thinking to do a flash, quick shifter, Akrapovic headers, power commander, steel brake lines, K&N filter. Let me know what opinions you guys have.

View attachment 87399
1- Tires
2- Oil and Air performance filter
3- Full exhaust
4- ECU flash
5- Steering stabilizer
6- Light weight wheels
8- Brembo brakes and ohlins rear suspension (Stock on my Z1000R but are great upgrades)
9- Quickshifter (Id do #8 before)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts