Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same thing, and am getting them painted by a local body shop. I'll post pics and details (cost...) once its all done.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
i have 2010 Z. plan on painting all the black parts red with silver metal flakes this winter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
mine is black and silver 2010 model. i saw this uranium green on a 2003 honda 1300 that was awsome. i'm keeping the silver but painting all the black green. it should be cool. a local body shop is going to do the work for me if i strip the bike and bring them the parts.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I caned the silver and got the shiny black side panels off a 2011 bike, looks much better, I'll do the fender and tail once they become avalable. I don't like the flat black, so that will go to.

I almosted painted, but OEM paint is soooooo much better. I don't know why, but it just looks true. I have a GSXR1000 all black, and it seems..... kinda Kreagn, or Earl Shibes to me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Heres a pic of mine with some metallic red on the silver bits (and the undertank cover piece). I made a post with more info. I'll also agree with bikeazoid, not quite as good as OEM, but I did have a body shop do it, so its good.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts