Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been looking for the right first performance mod and found it today. Just purchased a slip on exhaust system from Muzzy. Final price for the aluminum canisters and stainless steel pipes were $299 shipped. Thats because they are on clearance. Had my dealership order it and should be here hopefully next week.

Only other mods I have ordered are the T-Rex frame sliders, swingarm spools and Grip Puppies.

Next will be a PCIII USB

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Well I have been looking for the right first performance mod and found it today. Just purchased a slip on exhaust system from Muzzy. Final price for the aluminum canisters and stainless steel pipes were $299 shipped. Thats because they are on clearance. Had my dealership order it and should be here hopefully next week.

Only other mods I have ordered are the T-Rex frame sliders, swingarm spools and Grip Puppies.

Next will be a PCIII USB
you should notice some of the flat spot on acceleration go away with the PCIII, and I can tell you personally the Muzzy's sounds great. I just liked the stock pipe look better.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which one of these would be the best map for muzzy slip ons

210-007 Arata full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-006 Hindle full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-005 Hindle slip-ons and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-004 Muzzy full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-003 Micron full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-002 Two Brothers Racing slip-ons and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-001 Completely Stock Bike
210-000 Zero Map

210-005 or 210-002?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
congrats on ur first mod. thats just the beginning, its an addiction. either one of the slip on maps should do. i was really disappointed with power commander's map selections. check these out too. Z File Depot - Z1000 Power Commander Maps

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I ran the Hindle slip-on map (210-005) for my Muzzy's slip ons.....worked great.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran the Hindle slip-on map (210-005) for my Muzzy's slip ons.....worked great.
Did you ever try the two brothers slip-on map?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
nope, but i saw that it was another slipon map option..... I can't see how it would hurt to try it!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I run the two bros map on my '07 and it works great. I have Yosh slipons, airbox mod and k&n filter.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
because of emission laws even a stock bike could be helped with a proper set up PC. most bikes come from the factory lean at most light throttle settings and to rich in wide open throttle [ open loop]. that is to protect the engine under heavy load from damage if it were run to lean. it is a safety precaution. that is why most tuners can give you a few HP under full throttle. they take away some of the safty margin [ lean it out ] for more power.
a
pc is a good idea , i did not use on on my 04 with a full MUZZY.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got them in today and just put them on. Holy shiznit are they loud. Waiting on the liquid gasket to dry in the next hour and them its off to test her out. This exhaust utilizes the factory gasket at the header. I will try and get some pics either tonight or tomorrow

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
which one of these would be the best map for muzzy slip ons

210-007 Arata full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-006 Hindle full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-005 Hindle slip-ons and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-004 Muzzy full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-003 Micron full exhaust and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-002 Two Brothers Racing slip-ons and stock or aftermarket air filter
210-001 Completely Stock Bike
210-000 Zero Map

210-005 or 210-002?
i would run the m210-005 hindle slip on map. what dealership u work at? post those pics.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i would run the m210-005 hindle slip on map. what dealership u work at? post those pics.

I work at Pure Honda in Minot, ND. I know, I know, I work at a Honda dealership and I ride a Kawi. I hear it everyday....:lol:

When Hells Kitchen is over I will get out for the test ride and get the pics up.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i cant say alot about that. i work at a honda car dealership

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A couple quick pics:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A quick *** shot

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
looks good. im sure it sounds good too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Has anyone else noticed in the packet that you get from Muzzy, that they state if you order your Power Commander from them it will come preloaded with Muzzy map?

I did....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts